Duration: 2 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
What Will Be Taught For This Course?
This course covers essential concepts and skills relating to the ability to use computational thinking and coding to create simple computer program using Python.
On completion of this module the learner will be able to:
- Understand and use computational thinking techniques like problem decomposition, pattern recognition, abstraction and algorithms to analyse a problem and develop solutions.
- Write, test and modify algorithms for a program using flowcharts and pseudocode.
- Understand key principles and terms associated with coding and the importance of well-structured and documented code.
- Understand and use programming constructs like variables, data types, and logic in a program.
- Improve efficiency and functionality by using iteration, conditional statements, procedures and functions, as well as events and commands in a program.
Test and debug a program and ensure it meets requirements before release.
Module 1. Thinking Like A Programmer
Module 2. Software Development
- Overview of development lifecycle
Module 3. Algorithms
- Usage of Flowchart
Module 4. Getting Started
- Start and run a program
- Enter code
- Create and save a program
- Open and run a program
Module 5. Performing Calculations
- Recognise and use arithmetic operators. +,-,* and /
- Know how parentheses affect the evaluation of mathematical expressions
Module 6. Data Types And Variables
- Define and initialise a variable
- Assign a value to a variable
- Use data input from a user in a program
Module 7. True Or False
- Use Boolean logic expressions
- Understand the precedence of operators
Module 8. Aggregate Data Types
- Understand aggregate data types
- List and Tuple
Module 9. Enhance Your Code
Module 10. Conditional Statements
- Use IF…THEN...ELSE
Module 11. Procedures And Functions
Module 12. Loops
- Iteration: For, while, repeat
Module 13. Libraries
- Import libraries (Math, random, time)
Module 14. Recursion
- Understand the term recursion
- Factorial program
Module 15. Testing And Modification
- Types of error
- Testing and debugging
Who Should Attend This Python Training?
Professionals and executives who would like to learn basic computing and coding in Python.
Knowledge of basic scripting will have an added advantage.
|w/o GST||w GST|
1. 2 to 3 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 50% of course fee for cancellation
2. Less than 2 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 100% of course fees for postponement or cancellation
3. Course schedule selected is subjected to confirmation.
4. ST Electronics (e-Services) Pte Ltd reserves the rights to withdraw, re-schedule the class or change the venue due to unforeseen circumstances.
Please click on the course date to enrol.