Duration: 4 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
What Will Be Taught For This Redhat Course?
Red Hat System Administration II with RHCSA Exam (RH135) is designed for IT professionals working to become a full-time enterprise Linux system administrator. The course is a follow on to System Administration I, and continues to utilizes today´s best-of-breed contemporary teaching methodology. Students will be actively engaged in task focused activities, lab based knowledge checks and facilitative discussions to ensure maximum skills transfer and retention. Building on the foundation of command line skills covered in System Administration I, students will dive deeper into Red Hat Enterprise Linux to broaden their "tool kit" of administration skills. By the end of this four day course, students will be able to administer file systems and partitioning, logical volume management, access control, package management and troubleshooting best practices. Students who attend Red Hat System Administration I & II will be fully prepared to take the Red Hat Certified System Administration (RHCSA) exam.
Module 1 - Improve command line productivity
- Run commands more efficiently by using advanced features of the bash shell, shell scripts, and various utilities provided by Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Module 2 - Schedule future tasks
- Schedule commands to run in the future, either one time or on a repeating schedule.
Module 3 - Tune system performance
- Improve system performance by setting tuning parameters and adjusting scheduling priority of processes.
Module 4 - Control access to files with ACLs
- Interpret and set access control lists (ACLs) on files to handle situations requiring complex user and group access permissions.
Module 5 - Manage SELinux security
- Protect and manage the security of a server by using SELinux.
Module 6 - Maintain basic storage
- Create and manage storage devices, partitions, file systems, and swap spaces from the command line.
Module 7 - Manage logical volumes
- Create and manage logical volumes containing file systems and swap spaces from the command line.
Module 8 - Implement advanced storage features
- Manage storage using the Stratis local storage management system and use VDO volumes to optimize storage space in use.
Module 9 - Access network-attached storage
- Use the NFS protocol to administer network-attached storage.
Module 10 - Control the boot process
- Manage the boot process to control services offered and to troubleshoot and repair problems.
Module 11 - Manage network security
- Control network connections to services using the system firewall and SELinux rules.
Module 12 - Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux on servers and virtual machines.
Who Should Attend This Red Hat Training?
This course is intended for:
IT professionals who have attended Red Hat System Administration I, and want the skills to be a full-time enterprise Linux administrator and/or earn an RHCSA certification
Red Hat System Administration I
|w/o GST||w GST|
CANCELLATION/POSTPONEMENT/CHANGE of VENUE
- 2 to 4 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 50% of course fee for cancellation
- Less than 2 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 100% of course fees for postponement or cancellation
- ST Electronics (e-Services) Pte Ltd reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course or change the venue due to unforeseen circumstances.
Please click on the course date to enrol.
- CL: Classroom Learning
- VILT: Virtual Instructor-Led Training
- GTR: Guaranteed To Run
- Sat: Saturday
- Wkn: Weekend