Duration: 5 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
What Will Be Taught For This Redhat Course?
Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) is designed for IT professionals who are new to Linux and require core Red Hat Enterprise Linux skills. Focused on administration tasks that will be encountered in the workplace, this course will actively engage students in task focused activities, lab based knowledge checks and facilitative discussions to ensure maximum skill transfer and retention. In addition, GUI based tools will be featured to build on the students existing technical knowledge, while key command line concepts will be introduced to provide a foundation for students planning to become full time Linux system administrators. By the end of the five day course, students will be able to perform installation, establish network connectivity, manage physical storage and perform basic security administration.
Module 1 - Get started with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Describe and define open source, Linux distributions, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Module 2 - Access the command line
- Log into a Linux system and run simple commands using the shell.
Module 3 - Manage files from the command line
- Copy, move, create, delete, and organize files while working from the bash shell.
Module 4 - Get help in Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Resolve problems by using local help systems.
Module 5 - Create, view, and edit text files
- Manage text files from command output or in a text editor.
Module 6 - Manage local users and groups
- Create, manage, and delete local users and groups, as well as administer local password policies.
Module 7 - Control access to files
- Set Linux file system permissions on files and interpret the security effects of different permission settings.
Module 8 - Monitor and manage Linux processes
- Evaluate and control processes running on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux system.
Module 9 - Control services and daemons
- Control and monitor network services and system daemons using systemd.
Module 10 - Configure and secure SSH
- Configure secure command line service on remote systems, using OpenSSH.
Module 11 - Analyze and store logs
- Locate and accurately interpret logs of system events for troubleshooting purposes.
Module 12 - Manage networking
- Configure network interfaces and settings on Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers.
Module 13 - Archive and transfer files
- Archive and copy files from one system to another.
Module 14 - Install and update software
- Download, install, update, and manage software packages from Red Hat and yum package repositories.
Module 15 - Access Linux files systems
- Access, inspect, and use existing file systems on storage attached to a Linux server.
Module 16 - Analyze servers and get support
- Investigate and resolve issues in the web-based management interface, getting support from Red Hat to help solve problems.
Module 17 - Comprehensive review
- Review the content covered in this course by completing hands-on exercises.
Who Should Attend This Red Hat Training?
This course is intended for:
- Microsoft Windows system administrators who need to quickly learn core Red Hat Enterprise Linux proficiencies
- System administrators, network administrators, and other IT professionals who require proficiency performing core tasks in Linux
- Non Linux IT professionals on the path to becoming a full time Linux system administrator
Previous operating system administration experience is helpful but not required
|w/o GST||w GST|
Please ensure that you have read our Terms and Conditions before submitting the enrolment form.
Please click on the course date to enrol.
- CL: Classroom Learning
- VILT: Virtual Instructor-Led Training
- GTR: Guaranteed To Run
- Sat: Saturday
- Wkn: Weekend