Duration: 4 days
Time: 9am to 5pm
What Will Be Taught For This Redhat Course?
You will design an OpenShift HA cluster, then build and test it. You will use this cluster to examine more advanced topics in the administration and operation of a robust OpenShift cluster in the remainder of the course.
Course content summary
- Learn OpenShift cluster features, architecture, and sizing.
- Investigate OpenShift cluster installation methods.
- Configure storage providers and storage classes.
- Manage OpenShift certificates.
- Configure GlusterFS container-native storage.
- Diagnose cluster health.
- Scale OpenShift clusters.
- Manage OpenShift resources.
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to administer and operate large, fault-tolerant OpenShift clusters. You will design and implement a highly available and high-performance OpenShift cluster. These skills will allow the organization to provide and maintain a resilient platform on which developers can deploy production-scale containerized applications.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to design, install, and configure a highly available and high-performance OpenShift cluster. You will learn how to adapt the OpenShift cluster to work with existing infrastructure, such as security and storage providers. You should be able to perform various Day 2 operational procedures intended to maintain an efficient OpenShift cluster. You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Design and install a highly available cluster.
- Provision persistent storage using dynamic allocation.
- Install the GlusterFS Container Native Storage solution on an OpenShift cluster.
- Enable log aggregation across the cluster.
- Perform diagnostics on the cluster.
- Back up and restore critical data for the cluster.
- Manage OpenShift and operating system resources to keep the cluster running efficiently.
- Configure the LDAP security provider.
- Describe and install the Open vSwitch multitenant software-defined networking provider.
Design a highly available cluster
- Design an OpenShift cluster that supports high availability and resiliency.
Prepare to install an HA cluster
- Configure the advanced installer and prepare the cluster environment for HA installation.
Configure OpenShift to use custom certificates
- Configure the OpenShift cluster to use custom certificates.
Build an HA cluster
- Use the advanced installation method to build an HA OpenShift cluster.
Provision persistent storage
- Describe storage providers, configure a provider, create a storage class, and test the configuration.
Enable log aggregation
- Consolidate useful data for analysis by enabling the log aggregation feature.
Maintain an OpenShift cluster
- Perform recurring maintenance activities on an OpenShift cluster.
Manage system resources
- Manage operating system and cluster resources for optimal performance.
Configure security providers
- Configure security providers and advanced security options.
Configure networking options
- Configure various advanced networking features and options.
Who Should Attend This Redhat Training?
This course is designed for professionals responsible for automation of configuration management, application deployment, provisioning and deployment of servers, and integration with DevOps CI/CD workflows, including these roles:
- Linux system administrators
- DevOps engineers
- Infrastructure automation engineers
- Systems design engineers
- Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator, or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Attend DO180 - Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift or demonstrate equivalent experience with containers, Kubernetes, and OpenShift
- Attend DO280 - Red Hat OpenShift Administration I or demonstrate equivalent experience with OpenShift
- Recommended, but not required: become a Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration (EX280)
|w/o GST||w GST|
COMAT is a business centre of e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering.
Terms & Conditions
- All prices stated above are in Singapore Dollars (SGD).
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to change the date or venue without prior notice.
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course due to class size or unforeseen circumstances.
Please click on the course date to enrol.