Duration: 2 days / 16 hours
Time: 9am to 6pm
Course code: CRS-Q-0030137-ES
TPGateway Course Code: TGS-2016500816
What Will Be Taught For This Course?
This course provides the basis for the practice-based test for Use Essential Features of a Computer (16 hrs) (ICDL Certification Module: Computer Essentials)
This module sets out essential concepts and skills relating to the use of devices, file creation and management, networks and data security.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand key concepts relating to ICT, computers, devices and software.
- Start up and shut down a computer.
- Work effectively on the computer desktop using icons, windows.
- Adjust the main operating system settings and use built-in help features.
- Create a simple document and print an output.
- Know about the main concepts of file management and be able to efficiently organize files and folders.
- Understand key storage concepts and use utility software to compress and extract large files.
- Understand network concepts and connection options and be able to connect to a network.
- Understand the importance of protecting data and devices from malware, and the importance of backing up data.
Module 1. Computers and Devices
- Software and Licensing
- Start Up, Shut Down
Module 2. Desktop, Icons, Settings
- Desktop and Icons
- Using Windows
- Tools and Settings
Module 3. Outputs
- Working with Text
Module 4. File Management
- Introducing Files and Folders
- Organizing Files and Folder
- Storage and Compression
Module 5. Networks
- Network Concepts
- Network Access
Module 6. Security and Well-Being
- Protecting Data and Devices
- Health and Green IT
An understanding of Windows XP/Internet will be an added advantage
|w/o GST||w GST|
Please click on the course date to enrol.
- CL: Classroom Learning
- VILT: Virtual Instructor-Led Training
- GTR: Guaranteed To Run
- Sat: Saturday
- Wkn: Weekend