Duration: 5 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
What Will Be Taught For This Redhat Course?
Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) is designed for IT professionals who are new to Linux and require core Red Hat Enterprise Linux skills. Focused on administration tasks that will be encountered in the workplace, this course will actively engage students in task focused activities, lab based knowledge checks and facilitative discussions to ensure maximum skill transfer and retention. In addition, GUI based tools will be featured to build on the students existing technical knowledge, while key command line concepts will be introduced to provide a foundation for students planning to become full time Linux system administrators. By the end of the five day course, students will be able to perform installation, establish network connectivity, manage physical storage and perform basic security administration.
The following is an outline of the skills and knowledge represented in the training elements of the Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) course.
- Unit 1 - Get Started with the GNOME Graphical Desktop
- Unit 2 - Manage Files Graphically with Nautilus
- Unit 3 - Get Help in a Graphical Environment
- Unit 4 - Configure Local Services
- Unit 5 - Manage Physical Storage I
- Unit 6 - Manage Logical Volumes
- Unit 7 - Monitor System Resources
- Unit 8 - Manage System Software
- Unit 9 - Get Started with Bash
- Unit 10 - Get Help in a Textual Environment
- Unit 11 - Establish Network Connectivity
- Unit 12 - Administer Users and Groups
- Unit 13 - Manage Files from the Command Line
- Unit 14 - Secure Linux File Access
- Unit 15 - Administer Remote Systems
- Unit 16 - Configure General Services
- Unit 17 - Manage Physical Storage II
- Unit 18 - Install Linux Graphically
- Unit 19 - Manage Virtual Machines
- Unit 20 - Control the Boot Process
- Unit 21 - Deploy File Sharing Services
- Unit 22 - Secure Network Services
- Unit 23 - Comprehensive Review
Who Should Attend This Red Hat Training?
This course is intended for:
- Microsoft Windows system administrators who need to quickly learn core Red Hat Enterprise Linux proficiencies
- System administrators, network administrators, and other IT professionals who require proficiency performing core tasks in Linux
- Non Linux IT professionals on the path to becoming a full time Linux system administrator
Previous operating system administration experience is helpful but not required
|w/o GST||w GST|
Terms & Conditions
- All prices stated above are in Singapore Dollars (SGD).
- ST Electronics (e-Services) reserves the right to change the date or venue without prior notice.
- ST Electronics (e-Services) reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course due to class size or unforeseen circumstances.
Please click on the course date to enrol.