Duration: 5 days
Time: 9am to 5pm
What Will Be Taught For This Cybersecurity Course (CompTIA PenTest+)?
As organizations scramble to protect themselves and their customers against privacy or security breaches, the ability to conduct penetration testing is an emerging skill set that is becoming ever more valuable to the organizations seeking protection, and ever more lucrative for those who possess these skills. In this course, you will be introduced to general concepts and methodologies related to pen testing, and you will work your way through a simulated pen test for a fictitious company.
This course will assist you if you are pursuing the CompTIA PenTest+ certification, as tested in exam PT0-001.
After completing this course, you will be able to plan, conduct, analyze, and report on penetration tests, including the ability to: Plan and scope penetration tests. Conduct passive reconnaissance. Perform non-technical tests to gather information. Conductive active reconnaissance. Analyze vulnerabilities. Penetrate networks. Exploit host-based vulnerabilities. Test applications. Complete post-exploit tasks. Analyze and report pen test results.
Module 1: Planning and Scoping Penetration Tests
- Introduction to Penetration Testing Concepts
- Plan a Pen Test Engagement
- Scope and Negotiate a Pen Test Engagement
- Prepare for a Pen Test Engagement
Module 2: Conducting Passive Reconnaissance
- Gather Background Information
- Prepare Background Findings for Next Steps
Lesson 3: Performing Non-Technical Tests
- Perform Social Engineering Tests
- Perform Physical Security Tests on Facilities
Module 4: Conducting Active Reconnaissance
- Scan Networks
- Enumerate Targets
- Scan for Vulnerabilities
- Analyze Basic Scripts
Module 5: Analyzing Vulnerabilities
- Analyze Vulnerability Scan Results
- Leverage Information to Prepare for Exploitation
Module 6: Penetrating Networks
- Exploit Network-Based Vulnerabilities
- Exploit Wireless and RF-Based Vulnerabilities
- Exploit Specialized Systems
Module 7: Exploiting Host-Based Vulnerabilities
- Exploit Windows-Based Vulnerabilities
- Exploit *Nix-Based Vulnerabilities
Module 8: Testing Applications
- Exploit Web Application Vulnerabilities
- Test Source Code and Compiled Apps
Module 9: Completing Post-Exploit Tasks
- Use Lateral Movement Techniques
- Use Persistence Techniques
- Use Anti-Forensics Techniques
Module 10: Analyzing and Reporting Pen Test Results
- Analyze Pen Test Data
- Develop Recommendations for Mitigation Strategies
- Write and Handle Reports
- Conduct Post-Report-Delivery Activities
Who Should Attend This Cybersecurity Training?
- Penetration Tester
- Vulnerability Tester
- Security Analyst (II)
- Vulnerability Assessment Analyst
- Network Security Operations
- Application Security Vulnerability
To ensure your success in this course, you should have:
- Intermediate knowledge of information security concepts, including but not limited to identity and access management (IAM), cryptographic concepts and implementations, computer networking concepts and implementations, and common security technologies.
- Practical experience in securing various computing environments, including small to medium businesses, as well as enterprise environments.
You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking CompTIA® Security+® (Exam SY0-501) course or by obtaining the appropriate industry certification.
|w/o GST||w GST|
CANCELLATION/POSTPONEMENT / CHANGE of VENUE
- 2 to 4 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 50% of course fee for cancellation
- Less than 2 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 100% of course fees for postponement or cancellation
- ST Electronics (e-Services) Pte Ltd reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course or change the venue due to unforeseen circumstances.