UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme) is a training benefit for NTUC members to defray their cost of training. This benefit is to encourage more union members to go for skills upgrading. Union members who initiate training on their own could enjoy 50% discount off unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year training benefits for courses under Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP) per year.
HOW IT WORKS
Here’s an example of how you can progress utilise UTAP:
Mr Lee would like to progress to become a Network Engineer in his company.
|NICF Certified Cisco Network Associates|
|(a) Full Course Fees (before subsidy):||$2,000*|
|(b) Less Government Subsidy (e.g. 90%)||- $1,800|
|(c) Course Fee Payable (after subsidy)||$200|
|(d) Less UTAP Funding (50% of Course Fee payable after Government Subsidy):||- $100|
|(e) You Pay:||$100|
*course fees are only for illustration purposes and may be subjected to changes
You can apply for UTAP as long as you are an NTUC member. To be eligible for UTAP, all you need to do is meet the following conditions:
- Paid-up union membership before course commencement, throughout whole course duration and at the point of claim
- Course by training provider must be supported under UTAP, and training must commence within supported period,
- UTAP funding is only applicable on the course fee not funded through company sponsorship or other types of funding,
- Unfunded course fee must be S$20.00 and above,
- You must have achieved a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and sat for all prescribed examination(s), if any
- UTAP application must be submitted online within 6 months from the course end/exam date.
*This excludes miscellaneous fees such as GST, exam fee and registration fee etc. The UTAP amount disbursed to all members is the same for all nationalities.
HOW TO CLAIM UTAP
To claim UTAP funding, customers are advised to login to the NTUC portal (click here) and apply for UTAP claim within 6 months after the course end (last day of the course). Late applications will be rejected*.