Duration: 3 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
What Will Be Taught For This VMware Course?
In this three-day, hands-on training course, you will explore the new features and enhancements in VMware vCenter Server® 6.5 and VMware ESXi™ 6.5. Real-world use case deployment scenarios, hands-on lab exercises, and lectures will teach you the skills that you need to effectively implement and configure VMware vSphere® 6.5. This class is recommended for customers who want to deploy vSphere 6.5 into their existing vSphere environment.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- List and describe key enhancements in vSphere 6.5
- Use the user interface of the new VMware vSphere® Client™, the new VMware Host Client™, and the appliance shell of VMware vCenter® Server Appliance™
- Add users to the lockdown exception users list and test the lockdown mode
- Configure virtual machines to check for and install newer versions of VMware Tools™
- Upgrade virtual machines to the current hardware
- Create a multisite content library for synchronizing virtual machine templates, vApps, ISO images, and scripts across vCenter Server instances
- Enable the VMware vSphere® Authentication Proxy service to automatically add new hosts to the Active Directory domain
- Configure NFS- and iSCSI-backed virtual volumes to provide a common storage platform, independent of the underlying storage hardware
- Create storage policies and use these policies with virtual machines and virtual volume datastores
- Work with VMware vSphere® Network I/O Control to create and configure a distributed switch
- Use VMware vSphere® vMotion® to migrate virtual machines across vCenter Server instances
- Activate the high availability feature of vCenter Server Appliance
- Back up vCenter Server Appliance by using a file-based backup solution from the vCenter Server
- Appliance Management Interface
- Set up your environment to encrypt and decrypt virtual machines
- Set up your environment to use encrypted vSphere vMotion to securely migrate encrypted virtual machines
- Migrate from Windows vCenter Server to vCenter Server Appliance
- Configure vCenter Server and associated services to use VMware Platform Services Controller™ high availability
- Course Introduction
- Introduction to vSphere 6.5
- Installation and Upgrade
- Compute Enhancements
- Storage Enhancements
- Network Enhancements
- Management Enhancement
- Availability Enhancements
- Security Enhancements
Who Should Attend This VMware Training?
System architects, system administrators, IT managers, VMware partners, and individuals responsible for implementing and managing vSphere architectures
This course requires completion of one the following courses or equivalent knowledge and administration experience with VMware ESX®/ESXi and vCenter Server:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.5 or V6]
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V5.5 or V6]
- VMware vSphere: What’s New [V5.5 or V6]
- VMware vSphere: Troubleshooting [V5.5 or V6]
- Experience with working at the command line is helpful.
The course material presumes that you can perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling in this course:
- Install and configure ESX or ESXi
- Install vCenter Server
- Create vCenter Server objects, such as data centers and folders
- Create and manage vCenter Server roles and permissions
- Create and modify a standard switch
- Create and modify a distributed switch
- Connect an ESX/ESXi host to NAS, iSCSI, or Fibre Channel storage
- Create a VMware vSphere® VMFS datastore
- Enable vSphere vMotion on an ESX/ESXi host
- Use a wizard or a template to create a virtual machine
- Modify a virtual machine’s hardware
- Migrate a virtual machine with vSphere vMotion.
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
- Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™ cluster with resource pools
- Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® High Availability cluster
|w/o GST||w GST|
1. 2 to 3 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 50% of course fee for cancellation
2. Less than 2 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 100% of course fees for postponement or cancellation
3. Course schedule selected is subjected to confirmation.
4. ST Electronics (e-Services) Pte Ltd reserves the rights to withdraw, re-schedule the class or change the venue due to unforeseen circumstances.
Please click on the course date to enrol.