Duration: 5 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
What Will Be Taught For This VMware Course?
During this five-day course, you will focus on installing, configuring, and managing VMware vRealize® Automation™. You will learn about the configuration and use of the vRealize Automation platform, including self-service provisioning and the creation of catalog services that include predefined virtual machines, software components, and on-demand VMware NSX® networks. This course also covers interfacing vRealize Automation with other systems, using VMware vRealize® Orchestrator™ to leverage workflows, and creating approval cycles and managing machine lifecycles to conserve resources. In addition, you will better understand and know how to achieve the benefits of automation as a component of the software-defined data center.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe the vRealize Automation architecture and use cases
- Install and configure vRealize Automation
- Manage vRealize Automation entities on VMware and third-party virtual, cloud, and physical infrastructures
- Configure and manage catalogs and blueprints
- Configure and manage business groups and reservations for compute resources on VMware, Microsoft, Amazon, and other platforms
- Use the self-service portal to request and manage machines in accordance with vRealize Automation approval and governance policies
- Explain vRealize Automation extensibility and workflows
- Manage and monitor machines and resource reclamation
- Course Introduction
- vRealize Automation Overview and Architecture
- Authentication, Fabric, and Tenants
- Converged Blueprints and Catalog Management
- Consuming Catalog Services
- Integrating VMware NSX
- Application Authoring
- Monitoring and Reclamation
- vRealize Automation Extensibility
- vRealize Automation Installation
Who Should Attend This VMware Training?
Experienced system administrators and system integrators responsible for designing and implementing vRealize Automation
- VMware vSphere 6.x: Install, Configure, Manage
- VMware vSphere 6.x: Fast Track
The course presumes that a student can perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling in this course:
- Install and configure VMware ESX®/VMware ESXi™
- Install VMware vCenter Server®
- Create vCenter Server objects, such as data centers and folders
- Create and manage vCenter Server roles and permissions
- VMware vRealize Automation: Install, Configure, Manage
- Create and modify a standard switch
- Create and modify a distributed switch
- Connect an ESX/ESXi host to NAS, iSCSI, or Fibre Channel storage
- Create a VMware vSphere® VMFS datastore
- Enable VMware vSphere® vMotion® on an ESX/ESXi host
- Use a wizard or a template to create a virtual machine
- Modify a virtual machine’s hardware
- Migrate a virtual machine with vSphere vMotion
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
- Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™ cluster with resource pools
- Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® High Availability cluster
If you are unable to complete all of these tasks, VMware recommends that you complete one of the prerequisite courses before enrolling in VMware vRealize Automation: Install, Configure, Manage.
|w/o GST||w GST|
1. 2 to 3 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 50% of course fee for cancellation
2. Less than 2 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 100% of course fees for postponement or cancellation
3. Course schedule selected is subjected to confirmation.
4. ST Electronics (e-Services) Pte Ltd reserves the rights to withdraw, re-schedule the class or change the venue due to unforeseen circumstances.
Please click on the course date to enrol.