Duration: 5 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
What Will Be Taught For This VMware Course?
This comprehensive, fast-paced training course focuses on installing, configuring, and managing VMware NSX®. This course presents VMware NSX as a part of the software-defined data center. You will learn how to use logical switching in VMware NSX to virtualize your switching environment. The course also details logical routing to enable you to dynamically route between different virtual environments. And you will learn how to take use gateway services, firewall configurations, and security services to help secure and optimize your VMware NSX environment.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe the evolution of the software-defined data center
- Configure and deploy VMware NSX components for management and control
- Describe basic VMware NSX layer 2 networking
- Configure, deploy, and use logical switch networks
- Configure and deploy VMware NSX distributed router appliances to establish east-west connectivity
- Configure and deploy VMware NSX® Edge™ services gateway appliances to establish north-south connectivity
- Configure VMware NSX L2 bridging
- Configure and use all main features of the NSX Edge services gateway
- Configure NSX Edge firewall rules to restrict network traffic
- Configure VMware NSX distributed firewall rules to restrict network traffic
- Configure Service Composer policies
- Configure an identity-aware firewall
- Describe VMware NSX data security
- Use the cross-vCenter VMware NSX feature
- Course Introduction
- Software-defined data center
- Management and control plane components
- Logical switch networks
- VMware NSX logical routing
- VMware NSX L2 bridging
- NSX Edge gateway services
- VMware NSX firewall and security services
- Cross-vCenter VMware NSX
Who Should Attend This VMware Training?
Experienced system or network administrators.
- Understanding of enterprise switching and routing
- Knowledge of TCP/IP services
- Experience with firewalls and firewall rule sets
- Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals course or VCA-DCV certification
|w/o GST||w GST|
COMAT is a business centre of e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering.
Terms & Conditions
- All prices stated above are in Singapore Dollars (SGD).
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to change the date or venue without prior notice.
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course due to class size or unforeseen circumstances.
Please click on the course date to enrol.