Duration: 5 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
What Will Be Taught For This VMware Course?
This five-day, hands-on course gives you the skills to deliver virtual desktops and applications through a single virtual desktop infrastructure platform. This course builds your skills in installing, configuring, and managing VMware Horizon® 7 through a combination of lecture and hands-on labs. You will learn how to configure and deploy pools of virtual machines, how to manage access and security of the machines, and how to provide a customized desktop environment to end users.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify VMware Horizon components
- Install and configure View Connection Server
- Install and configure virtual desktops
- Configure and manage VMware Horizon® Client™ systems
- Configure and manage pools of physical and virtual machines
- Configure and manage automated pools of full virtual machines
- Configure and manage pools of linked-clone desktops
- Configure and manage automated pools of instant clones
- Configure and manage Remote Desktop Services (RDS) pools of desktops and applications
- Use Horizon Administrator to configure the VMware Horizon environment
- Configure secure access to virtual desktops
- Use VMware User Environment Manager™ to manage user personalization and application configurations
- Describe steps to deploy profile management
- Use VMware App Volumes™ to provision and manage applications
- Manage the performance and scalability of a VMware Horizon deployment
- Course Introduction
- Introduction to VMware Horizon
- View Connection Server
- VMware Horizon Pools and Desktops
- Horizon Client Options
- Creating Automated Pools of Full Virtual Machines
- Creating and Managing Linked-Clone Desktops
- Creating and Managing Instant-Clone Pools
- Creating RDS Desktop and Application Pools
- VMware Horizon 7 Authentication
- Managing VMware Horizon Security
- Profile Management Using User Environment Manager
- Using App Volumes to Provision and Manage Applications
- Command-Line Tools and Backup Options
- VMware Horizon Performance and Scalability
Who Should Attend This VMware Training?
Technical personnel who work in the IT departments of end-customer companies and people who are responsible for the delivery of remote or virtual desktop services
- Use VMware vSphere® Web Client to view the state of virtual machines, datastores, and networks
- Open a virtual machine console on VMware vCenter Server® and access the guest operating system
- Create snapshots of virtual machines
- Configure guest customization specifications
- Modify virtual machine properties
- Convert a virtual machine into a template
- Deploy a virtual machine from a template
Attendees should also have the following Microsoft Windows system administration experience:
- Configure Active Directory services, including DNS, DHCP, and time synchronization
- Restrict users’ activities by implementing Group Policy objects
- Configure Windows systems to allow Remote Desktop Connections
- Build an ODBC connection to an SQL Server database
|w/o GST||w GST|
COMAT is a business centre of e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering.
Terms & Conditions
- All prices stated above are in Singapore Dollars (SGD).
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to change the date or venue without prior notice.
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course due to class size or unforeseen circumstances.
Please click on the course date to enrol.