Duration: 4 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
What Will Be Taught For This Redhat Course?
Red Hat System Administration III (RH254) is designed for experienced Linux administrators who require networking and security administration skills. With a heavy emphasis on practical hands on labs, this course is tightly aligned with experienced Linux administrators´ job tasks and the skills required for advancement. Focus is placed on enhancing the students´ automation skills to securely configure, deploy and manage network services including DNS, Apache, SMTP and network file sharing. In addition, this course emphasizes security including monitoring, packet filtering, access controls and SELinux. At the completion of this course, students already familiar with the RHCT/RHCSA administration skills will have exposure to all competencies tested by the RHCSA and RHCE exams.
Please note that the exam is not included in this course only offering. It can be booked separately, or as part of the RH255 course.
Control services and daemons
- Review how to manage services and the boot-up process using systemctl.
Manage IPv6 networking
- Configure and troubleshoot basic IPv6 networking on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
Configure link aggregation and bridging
- Configure and troubleshoot advanced network interface functionality including bonding, teaming, and local software bridges.
Control network port security
- Permit and reject access to network services using advanced SELinux and firewalld filtering techniques.
Manage DNS for servers
- Set and verify correct DNS records for systems and configure secure DNS caching.
Configure email delivery
- Relay all email sent by the system to an SMTP gateway for central delivery.
Provide block-based storage
- Provide and use networked iSCSI block devices as remote disks.
Provide file-based storage
- Provide NFS exports and SMB file shares to specific systems and users.
Configure MariaDB databases
- Provide a MariaDB SQL database for use by programs and database administrators.
Provide Apache HTTPD web service
- Configure Apache HTTPD to provide Transport Layer Security (TLS)-enabled websites and virtual hosts.
Write bash scripts
- Write simple shell scripts using bash.
Bash conditionals and control structures
- Use bash conditionals and other control structures to write more sophisticated shell commands and scripts.
Configure the shell environment
- Customize bash startup and use environment variables, bash aliases, and bash functions.
- Practice and demonstrate knowledge and skills learned in this course.
Who Should Attend This Redhat Training?
This course is intended for:
- Senior Linux system administrators who require networking and security administration skills
- Linux IT professionals who are currently RHCT/RHCSA, and are interested in earning an RHCE certification
- Linux IT professionals that can demonstrate the competencies needed to earn an RHCT/RHCSA, but have not passed the RHCSA exam provided with the Red Hat System Administration II course
- RHCSA Rapid Track Course (RH200) or Red Hat System Administration I & II
- Equivalent experience to the RHCSA Rapid Track Course
- Skills required to earn an RHCT/RHCSA certification
|w/o GST||w GST|
CANCELLATION/POSTPONEMENT/CHANGE of VENUE
- 2 to 4 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 50% of course fee for cancellation
- Less than 2 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 100% of course fees for postponement or cancellation
- ST Electronics (e-Services) Pte Ltd reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course or change the venue due to unforeseen circumstances.
Please click on the course date to enrol.