Duration: 4 days
Time: 9am to 5pm
What Will Be Taught For This Redhat Course?
Learn essential Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 tasks and methods in a condensed format.
The RHCSA Rapid Track course (RH199) is designed for students who already have significant experience with Linux® administration. This course combines RH124 - Red Hat System Administration I and RH134 - Red Hat System Administration II, reviewing the tasks at an accelerated pace.
Course content summary
- Package management with new repository structure and appstream modules
- Create storage devices, volumes, and file systems, including Stratis storage management
- Configure network services and security
- Manage processes, scheduling, and tuning
- Manage users, groups, and authentication
- Perform server management with the Cockpit web management utility
- Troubleshoot and obtain support
Access systems and get help
- Log in to local and remote Linux systems, and investigate problem resolution methods provided through Red Hat Insights and support.
Navigate file systems
- Copy, move, create, delete, and organize files while working from the bash shell.
Manage local users and groups
- Create, manage, and delete local users and groups and administer local password policies.
Control access to files
- Set Linux file system permissions on files and to interpret the security effects of different permission settings.
Manage SELinux security
- Protect and manage the security of a server by using SELinux.
Tune system performance
- Evaluate and control processes, set tuning parameters, and adjust process scheduling priorities on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux system.
Install and update software packages
- Download, install, update, and manage software packages from Red Hat and yum package repositories.
Manage basic storage
- Create and manage storage devices, partitions, file systems, and swap spaces from the command line.
Control services and the boot process
- Control and monitor network services, system daemons, and the boot process using systemd.
- Configure network interfaces and settings on Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers.
Analyze and store logs
- Locate and accurately interpret logs of system events for troubleshooting purposes.
Implement advanced storage features
- Create and manage logical volumes containing file systems and swap spaces from the command line, and configure advanced storage features with Stratis and VDO.
Schedule future tasks
- Schedule tasks to automatically execute in the future.
Access network-attached storage
- Access network-attached storage, using the NFS protocol.
Manage network security
- Control network connections to services using the system firewall and SELinux rules.
Who Should Attend This Redhat Training?
This course is geared toward Windows system administrators, network administrators, and other system administrators who are interested in supplementing current skills or backstopping other team members, in addition to Linux system administrators who are responsible for these tasks:
- Configuring, installing, upgrading, and maintaining Linux systems using established standards and procedures
- Providing operational support
- Managing systems for monitoring system performance and availability
- Writing and deploying scripts for task automation and system administration
You will be expected to already understand fundamental Linux computing concepts and be ready to practice the Red Hat Enterprise Linux methods for performing system administration tasks. Significant field experience working with Linux as a system administrator is recommended.
If you do not have experience with fundamental Linux computer concepts, we advise you to start with the RH124 - Red Hat System Administration I course instead.
|w/o GST||w GST|
COMAT is a business centre of e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering.
Terms & Conditions
- All prices stated above are in Singapore Dollars (SGD).
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to change the date or venue without prior notice.
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course due to class size or unforeseen circumstances.
Please click on the course date to enrol.