Duration: 4 days
Time: 9am to 5.30pm
What Will Be Taught For This Redhat Course?
Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403) is a lab-based course that explores the concepts and methods necessary for successful large-scale management of Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® systems. Course participants will learn how to install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with software packages.
This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and Red Hat Satellite 6.
Students will use Red Hat Satellite to manage the software development life cycle of a subscribed host and its configuration, and learn how to provision hosts integrated with software and Puppet configuration management upon deployment.
Module 1 - Red Hat Satellite 6 installation
- Install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with Red Hat Enterprise Linux software content.
Module 2 - Manage users and hosts across organizations and locations
- Effectively control user access for Red Hat Satellite administration.
Module 3 - Red Hat Satellite client registration
- Register hosts to a Red Hat Satellite server, both interactively and automatically.
Module 4 - Manage software deployment through the software development life cycle
- Control which packages hosts can install and which updates are propagated to hosts and evaluate host deviations from corporate standards.
Module 5 - Build RPM packages
- Create RPM packages for deployment of programs and files on client systems.
Module 6 - Deploy custom software using Red Hat Satellite
- Incorporate non-Red Hat software packages into a Red Hat Satellite framework.
Module 7 - Manage system configurations with Puppet
- Create and populate a Puppet repository within a Red Hat Satellite framework.
Module 8 - Standardize system configurations with Red Hat Satellite 6
- Configure hosts using Puppet.
Module 9 - Deploy hosts with Satellite server
- Deploy and provision hosts using PXE.
Module 10 - Configuration of Satellite server for enterprise system deployment
- Configure host provisioning for integration with software and configuration management and discover unprovisioned host and provision-discovered hosts.
Who Should Attend This Redhat Training?
Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the management of multiple servers
|w/o GST||w GST|
CANCELLATION/POSTPONEMENT/CHANGE of VENUE
- 2 to 4 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 50% of course fee for cancellation
- Less than 2 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 100% of course fees for postponement or cancellation
- ST Electronics (e-Services) Pte Ltd reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course or change the venue due to unforeseen circumstances.
Please click on the course date to enrol.
- CL: Classroom Learning
- VILT: Virtual Instructor-Led Training
- GTR: Guaranteed To Run
- Sat: Saturday
- Wkn: Weekend