Duration: 2 days
Time: 9am to 5pm
What Will Be Taught For This Redhat Course?
In this course, you will configure and organize users into teams and assign permissions that allow them to review, use, or manage resources on Ansible Tower. You will also learn about advanced workflow management and receive a basic introduction to the Ansible Tower API.
Course content summary
- Install Red Hat Ansible Tower.
- Configure users and teams to access Ansible Tower resources using role-based access controls.
- Use Ansible Tower to manage shared access to inventories and machine credentials.
- Create job templates and workflow job templates to standardize playbook execution.
- Launch playbooks and monitor and review job results using Ansible Tower.
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to leverage and extend the use of an existing Ansible infrastructure across business units in large enterprise environments. These skills are suitable for organizations seeking to increase cost savings and operational efficiency through wider adoption of Ansible in their enterprise.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to use Red Hat Ansible Tower to centrally manage Ansible projects in a way that scales to large teams and complex enterprise installations. You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Deploy and use Ansible Tower to manage existing Ansible projects, playbooks, and roles.
- Use the visual dashboard to centrally launch, control, and monitor Ansible jobs.
- Configure users and teams and use them to control access to systems, projects, and other resources through role-based access controls.
- Configure which hosts to manage through the web interface, dynamically, or from a file stored in Git version control.
- Schedule recurring Ansible jobs.
- Perform basic maintenance and administration of the Ansible Tower installation.
- Use the Ansible Tower API to launch jobs from existing templates.
Module 1 - Install and access Ansible Tower
- Explain what Red Hat Ansible Tower is and navigate and use its web user interface.
Module 2 - Manage access with users and teams
- Create user accounts and organize them into teams in Red Hat Ansible Tower, and assign the users and teams permissions to administer and access resources in the Ansible Tower service.
Module 3 - Manage inventories and credentials
- Create inventories of machines to manage, and configure credentials necessary for Red Hat Ansible Tower to log in and run Ansible jobs on those systems.
Module 4 - Manage projects and launch Ansible jobs
- Create projects and job templates in the web UI, using them to launch Ansible playbooks that are stored in Git repositories in order to automate tasks on managed hosts.
Module 5 - Construct advanced job workflows
- Use advanced features of job templates to improve performance, simplify customization of jobs, launch multiple jobs, schedule automatically recurring jobs, and provide notification of job results.
Module 6 - Manage advanced inventories
- Manage inventories that are loaded from external files or generated dynamically from scripts or the Ansible Tower smart inventory feature.
Module 7 - Perform maintenance and routine administration of Ansible Tower
- Demonstrate ability to deliver routine maintenance and administration of Ansible Tower.
Module 8 - Comprehensive review
- Demonstrate skills learned in this course by configuring and operating a new organization in Ansible Tower using a provided specification, Ansible projects, and hosts to be provisioned and managed.
Who Should Attend This Redhat Training?
This course is designed for:
- system administrators
- DevOps engineers
- release engineers
- other IT professionals
The curriculum is particularly geared toward those responsible for designing and implementing DevOps capabilities in complex multiple-application production environments; maintaining and enforcing continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines and tools; and centrally managing and controlling Red Hat® Ansible Automation at scale.
- Successfully complete DO407 - Automation with Ansible I, or demonstrate equivalent experience with Ansible, Ansible playbooks, and roles
- Be a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Ansible Automation, or demonstrate equivalent Ansible experience
- Be a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or demonstrate equivalent Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® knowledge and experience
- Being a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) may be beneficial
|w/o GST||w GST|
CANCELLATION/POSTPONEMENT/CHANGE of VENUE
- 2 to 4 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 50% of course fee for cancellation
- Less than 2 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 100% of course fees for postponement or cancellation
- ST Electronics (e-Services) Pte Ltd reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course or change the venue due to unforeseen circumstances.
Please click on the course date to enrol.
- CL: Classroom Learning
- VILT: Virtual Instructor-Led Training
- GTR: Guaranteed To Run
- Sat: Saturday
- Wkn: Weekend