Duration: 1 day
Time: 9am to 5pm
What Will Be Taught For This Redhat Course?
A developer-focused introduction to OpenShift application building, deployment, scaling, and troubleshooting.
Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform is a containerized application platform that allows enterprises to accelerate and streamline application development, delivery, and deployment on-premise or in the cloud. As OpenShift and Kubernetes continue to become widely adopted, developers are increasingly required to understand how to develop, build, and deploy applications with a containerized application platform. While some developers are interested in managing the underlying infrastructure, most developers want to focus on developing applications and using OpenShift for its simple building, deployment, and scaling capabilities.
Course content summary
- Manage application source code with Git
- Develop applications with VSCode
- Deploy an application to OpenShift
- Update an application
- Configure application secrets
- Scale an application
- Troubleshoot and fixing an application
Impact on the organization
Organizations with developers that know how to leverage a container-based architecture, orchestrated with Kubernetes and OpenShift, are expected to see improvement in application reliability and scalability, while decreasing developer overhead.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to deploy and update applications in an OpenShift 4 cluster. Using the OpenShift 4 web console, students will be able to build, deploy, troubleshoot, and scale applications.
Configure a Cloud Application Developer Environment
- Configure a developer environment with a modern integrated developer environment and version control.
Deploy Applications to Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Deploy an application to OpenShift.
Configure Application builds in OpenShift
- Manage application builds in Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Scale Applications in OpenShift
- Scale and test an application with Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Troubleshoot Applications in OpenShift
- Identify and resolve common problems in Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
Who Should Attend This Redhat Training?
This course is a low prerequisite on-ramp for OpenShift development. Many developers want to find ways to use OpenShift in their organization and have heard of its many benefits, but they lack the necessary skills or interest in approaching OpenShift from a low-level, bottom-up oriented approach. Most developers are instead focused on finding ways to write and deploy applications faster and easier. Students who are interested in learning more about the underlying OpenShift infrastructure and have strong RHCSA-level skills should instead start with Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180).
Students should have a strong background in application development and object oriented programming. If not, it is recommended to first take Red Hat Application Development I: Programming in Java EE (JB183).
|w/o GST||w GST|
CANCELLATION/POSTPONEMENT/CHANGE of VENUE
- 2 to 4 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 50% of course fee for cancellation
- Less than 2 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 100% of course fees for postponement or cancellation
- ST Electronics (e-Services) Pte Ltd reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course or change the venue due to unforeseen circumstances.
Please click on the course date to enrol.