Duration: 5 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
What Will Be Taught For This Oracle Course?
This course starts with an introduction to PL/SQL and proceeds to list the benefits of this powerful programming language. Participants are made aware of how to create PL/SQL blocks of application code that can be shared by multiple forms, reports, and data management applications. In addition, creation of anonymous PL/SQL blocks as well as stored procedures and functions are covered in this course.
Participants enhance their developer skills by learning to develop, execute, and manage PL\SQL stored program units such as procedures, functions, packages, and database triggers. Understanding the basic functionality of how to debug functions and procedures using the SQL Developer Debugger gives way to refined lines of code. Participants also learn to manage PL/SQL subprograms, triggers, declaring identifiers, and trapping exceptions. The utilization of some of the Oracle-supplied packages is also in the course. Additionally participants learn to use Dynamic SQL, understand design considerations when coding using PL/SQL, understand and influence the PL/SQL compiler, and manage dependencies.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create and debug stored procedures and functions
- Use conditional compilation to customize the functionality in a PL/SQL application without removing any source code
- Design PL/SQL packages to group related constructs
- Create overloaded package subprograms for more flexibility
- Design PL/SQL anonymous blocks that execute efficiently
- Use the Oracle supplied PL/SQL packages to generate screen output, file output and mail output
- Write dynamic SQL for more coding flexibility
- Describe the features and syntax of PL/SQL
- Use PL/SQL programming constructs and conditionally control code flow (loops, control structures, and explicit cursors)
- Manage dependencies between PL/SQL subprograms
- Handle runtime errors
- Create triggers to solve business challenges
- Design PL/SQL code for predefined data types, local subprograms, additional pragmas, standardized constants and exceptions
- Introduction to PL/SQL
- Declare PL/SQL Identifiers
- Write Executable Statements
- Interaction with the Oracle Server
- Control Structures
- Composite Data Types
- Explicit Cursors
- Exception Handling
- Stored Procedures
- Stored Functions and Debugging Subprograms
- Deploying Packages
- Implement Oracle-Supplied Packages in Application Development
- Dynamic SQL
- Design Considerations for PL/SQL Code
- Creating Compound, DDL, and Event Database Triggers
- PL/SQL Compiler
- Manage PL/SQL Code
- Manage Dependencies
Who Should Attend This Oracle Training?
This course is intended for:
- Application Developers
- Database Administrators
- Forms Developer
- PL/SQL Developer
- Portal Developer
- System Analysts
- Technical Consultant
Oracle Database: Introduction to SQL (combination of Oracle Database: SQL Fundamentals I and Oracle Database: SQL Fundamentals
Previous programming experience
Oracle Database: SQL Fundamentals I
Oracle Database: SQL Fundamentals II
|w/o GST||w GST|
COMAT is a business centre of e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering.
Terms & Conditions
- All prices stated above are in Singapore Dollars (SGD).
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to change the date or venue without prior notice.
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course due to class size or unforeseen circumstances.