Duration: 3 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
What Will Be Taught For This Oracle Course?
The SQL Tuning Workshop class covers investigative methods that reveal varying levels of detail about how the Oracle database executes a SQL statement. Students learn the different ways in which data can be accessed, which ones are most efficient under specific circumstances, and how to ensure that the best method is used. Topics on taking advantage of hints, bind variables, and different types of indexes are also covered.
This course counts towards the Hands-on course requirement for the Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certification. Only instructor-led inclass or instructor-led online formats of this course will meet the Certification Hands-on Requirement. Self Study CD-Rom and Knowledge Center courses DO NOT meet the Hands-on Requirement.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify problem SQL statements
- Modify a SQL statement to perform at its best
- Trace an application
- Understand how the Query Optimizer makes decisions about how to access data
- Interpret execution plans
- Use optimizer hints effectively
- Generate a load test
- Exploring the Oracle Database Architecture
- Introduction to SQL Tuning
- Introduction to the Optimizer
- Optimizer Operators
- Interpreting Execution Plans
- Case Study: Star Transformation
- Optimizer Statistics
- Using Bind Variables
- Using Optimizer Hints
- Application Tracing
- Automating SQL Tuning
Who Should Attend This Oracle Training?
This course is intended for:
- Application Developers
- Data Warehouse
- Developer Developer
- Support Engineer
- Technical Consultant
- Oracle Database: SQL Fundamentals I
- Oracle Database: Introduction to SQL
|w/o GST||w GST|
COMAT is a business centre of e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering.
Terms & Conditions
- All prices stated above are in Singapore Dollars (SGD).
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to change the date or venue without prior notice.
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course due to class size or unforeseen circumstances.