Duration: 4 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
What Will Be Taught For This Oracle Course?
In this course, students learn how to use Oracle Data Guard to help protect their Oracle database against planned and unplanned downtimes. They also learn how Data Guard standby databases can be used to support production functions such as reporting, querying, and testing, while in a standby role.
The course includes Data Guard architecture, the configuration of physical and logical standby databases, and role transitions. Oracle Data Guard 11g features, including Oracle Active Data Guard and snapshot standby databases are outlined. In addition, management of a Data Guard configuration and troubleshooting are discussed.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Use Data Guard standby databases to support production functions such as reporting, querying, testing, and performing backups
- Create and manage physical and logical standby databases
- Use Enterprise Manager Grid Control and the Data Guard command-line interface (DGMGRL) to maintain a Data Guard configuration
- Use Data Guard to achieve a highly available Oracle database
- Introduction to Oracle Data Guard
- Creating a Physical Standby Database by Using SQL and RMAN Commands
- Oracle Data Guard Broker: Overview
- Creating a Data Guard Broker Configuration
- Creating a Physical Standby Database by Using Enterprise Manager Grid Control
- Creating a Logical Standby Database
- Creating and Managing a Snapshot Standby Database
- Using Oracle Active Data Guard
- Configuring Data Protection Modes
- Performing Role Transitions
- Using Flashback Database in a Data Guard Configuration
- Enabling Fast-Start Failover
- Managing Client Connectivity
- Performing Backup and Recovery Considerations in an Oracle Data Guard Configuration
- Patching and Upgrading Databases in a Data Guard Configuration
- Monitoring a Data Guard Configuration
- Optimizing a Data Guard Configuration
Who Should Attend This Oracle Training?
This course is intended for:
- Database Administrators
- Support Engineer
- Technical Consultant
- Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Grid Control
- Oracle Database 11g: Administration Workshop I Release 2
- Oracle Database 11g: Administration Workshop II Release 2
|w/o GST||w GST|
1. 2 to 3 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 50% of course fee for cancellation
2. Less than 2 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 100% of course fees for postponement or cancellation
3. Course schedule selected is subjected to confirmation.
4. ST Electronics (e-Services) Pte Ltd reserves the rights to withdraw, re-schedule the class or change the venue due to unforeseen circumstances.