Duration: 5 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
What Will Be Taught For This Oracle Course?
This course takes the database administrator beyond the basic tasks covered in the first workshop. The student begins by gaining a much deeper understanding of possibly the most important job of a DBA – backup and recovery. The concepts and architecture that support backup and recovery, along with the steps of how to carry it out in various ways and situations, are covered in detail. This includes how to define and test your own backup and recovery scenarios. Also, the DBA learns how to manage memory effectively and how to perform some performance evaluation and tuning tasks, including using some of the advisors. All types of flashback technologies, scheduling jobs inside and outside of the database, and controlling system resource usage are also covered.
This course counts towards the Hands-on course requirement for the Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certification. Only instructor-led inclass or instructor-led online formats of this course will meet the Certification Hands-on Requirement. Self Study CD-Rom and Knowledge Center courses DO NOT meet the Hands-on Requirement.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Back and recover a database (and its parts) with RMAN (command-line and Enterprise Manager)
- Use flashback technology to view past states of data and to revert either objects or the entire database back to a past state
- Use an appropriate and flexible memory configuration for your database
- Identify burdensome database sessions and poorly performing SQL
- Configure the Oracle Database for optimal recovery
- Configure the database instance such that resources are appropriately allocated among sessions and tasks
- Schedule jobs to run inside or outside of the database
- Use compression to optimize database storage and duplicate a database
- Core Concepts and Tools of the Oracle Database
- Configuring for Recoverability
- Using the RMAN Recovery Catalog
- Configuring Backup Settings
- Creating Backups with RMAN
- Restore and Recovery Task
- Using RMAN to Perform Recovery
- Monitoring and Tuning RMAN
- Diagnosing the Database
- Using Flashback Technology I
- Using Flashback Technology II
- Performing Flashback Database
- Managing Memory
- Managing Database Performance
- Managing Performance by SQL Tuning
- Managing Resources
- Automating Tasks with the Scheduler
- Managing Space in Blocks
- Managing Space in Segments
- Managing Space for the Database
- Duplicating a Database
Who Should Attend This Oracle Training?
This course is intended for:
- Database Administrators
- Support Engineer
- Technical Administrator
- Technical Consultant
- Oracle Database 11g Database Administration
- Working knowledge of SQL and how to use PL/SQL packages
- Oracle Database 11g: Administration Workshop I DBA Release 2
|w/o GST||w GST|
COMAT is a business centre of e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering.
Terms & Conditions
- All prices stated above are in Singapore Dollars (SGD).
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to change the date or venue without prior notice.
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course due to class size or unforeseen circumstances.