Duration: 5 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
What Will Be Taught For This Oracle Course?
This course is your first step towards success as an Oracle professional, designed to give you a firm foundation in basic database administration. In this class, you'll learn how to install and maintain an Oracle database. You will gain a conceptual understanding of the Oracle database architecture and how its components work and interact with one another. You will also learn how to create an operational database and properly manage the various structures in an effective and efficient manner including performance monitoring, database security, user management, and backup/recovery techniques. The lesson topics are reinforced with structured hands-on practices. This course is designed to prepare you for the corresponding Oracle Certified Associate exam.The course does not cover the following key Grid technologies: (1) Enterprise Manager Grid Control(2) Real Application Clusters(3) Streams(4) Data Guard. These technologies are addressed by the following courses:(1) Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g Grid Control(2) Oracle Database 11g: RAC Administration(3) Oracle Database 11g: Implement Streams(4) Oracle Database 11g: Data Guard Administration
This course counts towards the Hands-on course requirement for the Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certification. Only instructor-led inclass or instructor-led online formats of this course will meet the Certification Hands-on Requirement. Self Study CD-Rom and Knowledge Center courses DO NOT meet the Hands-on Requirement.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Monitor performance
- Describe Oracle Database Architecture
- Install Oracle Grid Infrastructure
- Install and configure Oracle Database 11g
- Configure Oracle Net services
- Monitor and administer undo data
- Manage the database storage structures
- Create and administer user accounts
- Perform basic backup and recovery of a database
- Manage data concurrency
- Exploring the Oracle Database Architecture
- Installing your Oracle Software
- Creating an Oracle Database
- Managing the Oracle Database Instance
- Manage the ASM Instance
- Configuring the Oracle Network Environment
- Managing Database Storage Structures
- Administering User Security
- Managing Data Concurrency
- Managing Undo Data
- Implementing Oracle Database Auditing
- Database Maintenance
- Performance Management
- Backup and Recovery Concepts
- Performing Database Backups
- Performing Database Recovery
- Moving Data
- Working with Support
Who Should Attend This Oracle Training?
This course is intended for:
- Database Administrators
- Java Developer
- Support Engineer
- Technical Administrator
- Technical Consultant
- Taken Oracle Introduction to SQL course or equivalent experience
- Taken Oracle PL/SQL course or equivalent experience
- Oracle Database: Introduction to SQL
|w/o GST||w GST|
COMAT is a business centre of e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering.
Terms & Conditions
- All prices stated above are in Singapore Dollars (SGD).
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to change the date or venue without prior notice.
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course due to class size or unforeseen circumstances.