Duration: 5 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
What Will Be Taught For This SQL Server Course?
This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to maintain a Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014 database. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server 2012/2014 product features and tools related to maintaining a database. Also this course helps you prepare for the Exam 70-462.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan and install SQL Server.
- Describes the system databases, the physical structure of databases and the most common configuration options related to them.
- Explain the concept of the transaction log and SQL Server recovery models and implement different backup strategies available with SQL Server.
- Create SQL Server Backups.
- Restore SQL Server databases.
- Use the import/export wizards and explain how they relate to SSIS.
- Work with SQL Server security models, logins and users.
- Work with fixed server roles, user-defined server roles, fixed database roles and user-defined database roles.
- Work with permissions and the assignment of permissions.
- Work with SQL Server Audit.
- Work with SQL Server Agent, jobs and job history.
- Implement SQL Server agent security, proxy accounts and credentials.
- Configure database mail, alerts and notifications.
- Create database maintenance plans.
- Work with SQL Profiler and SQL Trace stored procedures.
- Introduce DMVs and the configuration of data collection.
- Work with Central Management Servers and Multi-Server queries, Virtualization of SQL Server and Data-Tier Applications.
- Troubleshoot SQL Server databases.
- Module 1: Introduction to SQL Server 2012/2014 and its Toolset
- Module 2: Preparing Systems for SQL Server 2012/2014
- Module 3: Installing and Configuring SQL Server 2012/2014
- Module 4: Working with Databases
- Module 5: Understanding SQL Server 2012/2014 Recovery Models
- Module 6: Backup of SQL Server 2012/2014 Databases
- Module 7: Restoring SQL Server 2012/2014 Databases
- Module 8: Importing and Exporting Data
- Module 9: Authenticating and Authorizing Users
- Module 10: Assigning Server and Database Roles
- Module 11: Authorizing Users to Access Resources
- Module 12: Auditing SQL Server Environments
- Module 13: Automating SQL Server 2012/2014 Management
- Module 14: Configuring Security for SQL Server Agent
- Module 15: Monitoring SQL Server 2012/2014 with Alerts and Notifications
- Module 16: Performing Ongoing Database Maintenance
- Module 17: Tracing Access to SQL Server 2012/2014
- Module 18: Monitoring SQL Server 2012/2014
- Module 19: Managing Multiple Servers
- Module 20: Troubleshooting Common SQL Server 2012/2014 Administrative Issues
Who Should Attend This SQL Server Training?
The primary audience for this course is individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases. These individuals perform database administration and maintenance as their primary area of responsibility, or work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job.
The secondary audiences for this course are individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design.
Students who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by attending the following courses, or obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills:
- 10774A: Writing T-SQL Queries for Microsoft SQL Server 2012
|w/o GST||w GST|
COMAT is a business centre of e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering.
Terms & Conditions
- All prices stated above are in Singapore Dollars (SGD).
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to change the date or venue without prior notice.
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course due to class size or unforeseen circumstances.
Please click on the course date to enrol.