Duration: 5 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
What Will Be Taught For This SQL Server Course?
This 5-day instructor led course provides students with the technical skills required to write basic Transact-SQL queries for Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014. This course is the foundation for all SQL Server-related disciplines; namely, Database Administration, Database Development and Business Intelligence. This course helps people prepare for exam 70-461.
All the labs for this course can be performed using the provided virtual machines. However, if you have a Microsoft Windows Azure account and the classroom virtual machines connect to the internet you may be able to connect to your Windows Azure server and database from the classroom. Many of the labs in this course are enabled for you to perform the lab while connected to your own Windows Azure database in the cloud. Your instructor should be able to provide a current list of Windows Azure enabled labs.
To acquire a trial Windows Azure account, go to -> http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/pricing/free-trial/.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Write SELECT queries
- Query multiple tables
- Use built-in functions
- Use subqueries
- Execute stored procedures
- Use set operators
- Implement error handling
- Implement transactions
- Use table expressions
- Sort and filter data
- Use window ranking, offset and aggregate functions
- Query SQL Server metadata
- Program with T-SQL
- Improve query performance
- Module 1: Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014
- Module 2: Getting Started with SQL Azure
- Module 3: Introduction to T-SQL Querying
- Module 4: Writing SELECT Queries
- Module 5: Querying Multiple Tables
- Module 6: Sorting and Filtering Data
- Module 7: Working with SQL Server 2012/2014 Data Types
- Module 8: Using Built-In Functions
- Module 9: Grouping and Aggregating Data
- Module 10: Using Subqueries
- Module 11: Using Table Expressions
- Module 12: Using Set Operators
- Module 13: Using Window Ranking, Offset and Aggregate Functions
- Module 14: Pivoting and Grouping Sets
- Module 15: Querying SQL Server Metadata
- Module 16: Executing Stored Procedures
- Module 17: Programming with T-SQL
- Module 18: Implementing Error Handling
- Module 19: Implementing Transactions
- Module 20: Improving Query Performance
Who Should Attend This SQL Server Training?
This course is intended for Database Administrators, Database Developers, and Business Intelligence professionals. The course will very likely be well attended by SQL power users who aren’t necessarily database-focused or plan on taking the exam; namely, report writers, business analysts and client application developers.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
Before attending this course, students should have:
- Basic understanding of virtualization technology (Classroom labs utilize virtual machines)
To help you prepare for this class, review the following resources:
- Book: T-SQL Fundamentals for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and SQL Azure
- MCTS Self Paced Training Kit 70-461
|w/o GST||w GST|
CANCELLATION/POSTPONEMENT/CHANGE of VENUE
- 2 to 4 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 50% of course fee for cancellation
- Less than 2 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 100% of course fees for postponement or cancellation
- ST Electronics (e-Services) Pte Ltd reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course or change the venue due to unforeseen circumstances.
Please click on the course date to enrol.
- CL: Classroom Learning
- VILT: Virtual Instructor-Led Training
- GTR: Guaranteed To Run
- Sat: Saturday
- Wkn: Weekend