Duration: 1 day
Time: 9am to 5.30pm
What Will Be Taught For This Word Processing Course?
The course empowers the participants to demonstrate the ability to use a word processing application on a personal computer. The participants will be able to accomplish basic operations associated with creating, formatting and printing the documents.
- Starting Word 2013
- The User Interface
- The Backstage View
- Converting Documents
- Word Options
- The Quick Access Toolbar
- Customizing the Quick Access Toolbar
- Customizing Tabs
- Customizing the Ribbon
- Using the Mini Toolbar
- Using Ribbons and Tabs
- Using Dialog Box Launchers
- Using Program Tabs
- Using Contextual Tabs
- Using Live Preview
- Practice - Exiting Word
- Entering Text
- Saving a Document
- Using Save As
- Closing a Document
- Creating a New Document
- Opening an Existing Document
- Document Navigation
- Selecting Text
- Practice – Working With Documents
- Changing the View
- Hiding White Spaces
- Full Screen Reading View
- Zooming In/Out
- Display/Hide the Ruler
- Formatting Marks
- Opening Multiple Documents
- Switching between Documents
- Comparing Side by Side Documents
- Using Synchronous Scrolling
- Practice - Document Views
- Inserting Text in a Document
- Deleting Text
- Copying, Moving /Pasting Text
- Paste Options
- Using the Clipboard
- Using Undo and Redo
- Practice – Editing Text
- Formatting Text
- Changing Fonts
- Changing Font Size
- Applying Bold/Italic Formats
- Applying Text Effects
- Format Painter
- Changing Capitalization
- Clearing Formats
- Practice – Formatting Text
- Aligning Paragraphs
- Aligning Text with Click and Type
- Paragraph Spacing
- Line Spacing
- Copying Paragraph Formats
- Practice – Formatting Paragraphs
- Left Indent
- First Line Indent
- Hanging Indent
- Right Indent
- Practice – Paragraph Indention
- Typing a Numbered or Bulleted List
- Applying Numbers or Bullets to Text
- Deleting a Numbered or Bulleted Item
- Adding a Numbered or Bulleted Item
- Removing Numbers or Bullets from Text
- Changing a Bullet or Number Style
- Practice – Bullets and Numbering
- Checking Spelling/Grammar as You Type
- Adding to the Custom Dictionary
- Setting Global Spelling Checker Settings
- Setting Exceptions for a Document
- Using the Exclusion Dictionary
- Running the Spelling Checker
- Running the Grammar Checker
- Selecting Grammar and Style Options
- Using Contextual Spelling
- Practice - Checking Spelling and Grammar
Who Should Attend This Word Processing Training?
Highly recommended for beginners with none or limited knowledge in Microsoft Word looking to equip themselves with a foundational understanding of the programmes functions for daily work.
An understanding of Windows would be an advantage.
|w/o GST||w GST|
This course is applicable for Skills Development Fund (SDF).
COMAT is a business centre of e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering.
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture Credit to offset course fee payable after funding.
- This course is supported under UTAP funding.
- This course is eligible for using PSEA funds.
Terms & Conditions
- All prices stated above are in Singapore Dollars (SGD). This funding support is only applicable for Singapore Citizen and Permanent Residents.
- Trainee must attain minimum 75% attendance in order to qualify for Funding.
- Trainee undertakes to reimburse e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering FULL course fees should he/she be ineligible for course fee grant. e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering is not liable for any other funding not approved by WSG.
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to change the date or venue without prior notice.
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course due to class size or unforeseen circumstances.
Please click on the course date to enrol.