Duration: 3 days
Time: 9am to 5.30pm
What Will Be Taught For This Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Course?
This 3-day Instructor Lead course Explore all the new end user features exposed in SharePoint 2013. Learn to work with new Social computing features like newsfeeds and communities, metadata navigation, cross-site publishing, Image Renditions, Embedded Code, UI Enhancements, Composed Looks, Community Sites and Reputation, Apps for SharePoint, eDiscovery, Education and Office Web Apps.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explore every new aspect that will be visible to an end user in SharePoint 2013.
- Understand your course, classroom, classmates, facility and instructor.
In this module, we are going to take a high-level look at SharePoint 2013 features. These features will not just be End User focused in order to help you understand why your company should move to SharePoint 2013.
- What’s New in SharePoint 2013
- Describe the new features and capabilities of SharePoint 2013
- Understand why your company should move to SharePoint 2013
In this module we take a look at the new features introduced in SharePoint 2013 from a UI perspective.
- New SharePoint Features
- Lab : SharePoint 2013 UI
- Explore 2013 UI Changes
- Lab : SharePoint 2013 Features
- Managed Navigation
- Cross Site Publishing
- Image Renditions
- Embedded Code
- Describe the new UI features of SharePoint 2013
- Understand how to setup Metadata Navigation
- Understand search enhancements
- Describe Minimal Download Strategy (MDS)
- How to use the Embed Code feature
In this module, we are going to take a look at lists, which are now called apps, from an end user standpoint. We will explore the new Appsof SharePoint 2013 and what things have changed when performing App management.
- App Management
- Lab : What's New With SharePoint Lists and Sites
- Popularity Trends
- Site Newsfeeds
- Site Closure and Deletion
- Composed Looks
- Site Collection Health
- Describe and use SharePoint Apps
- Understand how to manage SharePoint Apps
- Learn what's new with managing "Apps"
- Learn how to install Apps from local AppCatalog
- Learn how to download and install Apps from the SharePoint Store
In this module we are going to review the newSharePoint 2013 site definitions.
- SharePoint Foundation Sites
- Lab : New SharePoint Sites
- Create a Project Site
- Create a Community Site
- Work with Badges & Reputation
- Enable Offensive Content reporting
- Understand what new sites are available in SharePoint 2013
- Understand how to create and what a Developer site is
- Understand how to create and what a Community site is
In this module we are going to take a look at how SharePoint and Office interact.
- Office Web Applications
- Office 2013
- Lab : Office Integration
- Document Library Integration with Outlook
- Calendars Integration with Outlook
- Tasks Integration with Outlook
- Managing Lists with Excel
- Managing Lists with Access
- Lab : Office Web Applications
- Office Web Applications Integration with SharePoint 2013
- Viewing, Editing and Creating Documents
- Machine Translation Integration
- Describe how SharePoint integrates with Office (from SharePoint and to SharePoint)
- How to describe and use Office Web Applications
- How to use Machine Translation Services
In this module we will review the new Social Computing features in SharePoint 2013 and the many social improvements made to the My Site feature.
- My Site and Social Features
- What is Social Computing
- Lab : My Site
- Explore new My Site
- Explore Profiles
- Explore New Newsfeed
- Explore Following
- Utilize SkyDrive Pro
- Explore new Privacy Settings
- My Tasks Aggregation
- Describe what a My Site is
- How to work with My Site social networking features
- How to protect yourself in the Social Computing realm
- Describe the new improved Newsfeed
- How to utilize the Following features
- What SkyDrive Pro is and how to use it
- How the My Tasks aggregation feature works
In this module we will review the new workflow features of SharePoint 2013.
- Workflows in SharePoint 2013
- Lab : Creating Simple 2013 Workflows
- Create a custom workflow using SharePoint Designer 2013
- Work with Stages
- Work with Loops
- Utilize new SharePoint activities
- Lab : Creating Visio-based Workflows
- Create a workflow using Visio 2013
- How to utilize the new Windows Workflow 4.0 in SharePoint 2013
- How to build Windows Azure based Workflows
In this module we will review the new eDiscovery features of SharePoint 2013.
- SharePoint eDiscovery
- Lab : SharePoint eDiscovery
- Learn to use the new eDiscovery APIs
- Create Discovery Center
- Create a Case
- Create Discovery Sets
- Create Queries
- Describe SharePoint eDiscovery
- Learn to create eDiscovery Center
- Learn to create new Cases
- Learn to create discovery queries
In this module we will review the new SharePoint Education feature of SharePoint 2013.
- SharePoint Education
- Lab : SharePoint Education
- Explore the SharePoint Education Course Site
- Create and Assign Assignments
- Create Quizzes
- Describe SharePoint Education Features
- How to create new courses and assignments
- How to add items to the Academic Library
Who Should Attend This Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Training?
Anyone that works with SharePoint 2007, 2010 team sites, libraries, lists and items that wants to learn what is new in SharePoint 2013.
Understanding of SharePoint 2010 basics.
|w/o GST||w GST|
COMAT is a business centre of e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering.
Terms & Conditions
- All prices stated above are in Singapore Dollars (SGD).
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to change the date or venue without prior notice.
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course due to class size or unforeseen circumstances.
Please click on the course date to enrol.