Duration: 2 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
What Will Be Taught For This Excel Financial Modelling Course?
R an open-source software combines well with Excel to offer a good balance of ease-of-use, flexibility and efficiency in financial modeling, and is becoming a standard in the financial community. A reasonable level of efficiency requires good knowledge in the R programming language besides Excel.
The intensive course will teach Excel users how to harness additional programming power in the context of building R/Excel financial spreadsheet models. The sessions will emphasize technical issues to give the participants the tools needed for the latter sessions which will focus on familiar spreadsheet financial models which participants have already acquired. A short introduction into each topic is offered during the lectures, generally accompanied with examples. This course will be held in an interactive fashion where participants have the chance to instantly work with each presented example using a building block approach in learning.
- Learning how to develop sophisticated spreadsheet models using R programming language.
- Gaining hands-on experience on how to build Excel spreadsheet models.
- Learning how to improve your current spreadsheet models.
- Knowing what is spreadsheet models and its limitations.
- Increasing your skills and capabilities in building advanced financial and corporate models.
- What is Modeling
- Spreadsheets Models and Limitations
- Overview of how R can improve Spreadsheet Models
- R Model Design Principles
- R Development Features
- The R Editor
- Models Development
- Understanding Variables and Constants
- Using R Expressions
- Using Built-in Functions
- The Need for Arrays
- Rules for Working with Arrays
- Using Control Structure
- Conditional Constructions
- Iterations in R
- Scope of Variables and Subroutines
- Arguments Passing
- Writing R Functions
- Handling Errors in R
- Enhancing your Models using Dialog Boxes
Who Should Attend This Excel Financial Modelling Course Training?
The participants are assumed to have fundamental knowledge of Excel and already have foundational knowledge in financial, statistical and econometric concepts. The course is beneficial to software developers, programmers, analysts, consultant from financial and accounting fields.
|w/o GST||w GST|
Terms & Conditions
- All prices stated above are in Singapore Dollars (SGD).
- ST Electronics (e-Services) reserves the right to change the date or venue without prior notice.
- ST Electronics (e-Services) reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course due to class size or unforeseen circumstances.
Please click on the course date to enrol.