Duration: 3 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
Technical: 21 PDUs
Total: 21 PDUs
What Will Be Taught For This Course?
This workshop offers the participant the full complement of topics covering all the aspects of Contract Management from the customer’s focus to prepare a tender offering for solutions and services, to the vendor’s focus on preparing a proposal in response to the tender, through to how to manage the vendor during the implementation of the said solution or service, and the various skills and techniques that are needed by both the customer and the vendor during the entire tendering process.
The workshop uses a mix of lectures, facilitation, games, case studies, and role plays.
At the end of the workshop, the participant will:
- Have reviewed the Reasons for Outsourcing
- Understand the Full Tendering Process best practices
- Understand the Considerations to be made as part of the decision to outsource and as part of the proposal process
- Understand the different Contract Types and other Procurement Documents and learn about the potential Pitfalls in Vendor Contracts
- Understand Contract Legal Terminology and how to read a Legal Document
- Understand Vendor Selection and Audit and how to carry these out
- Have prepared the Statement of Requirements for your tender
- Know how to develop and setup the Vendor Management Process
- Know how to develop the Rules of Engagement and prepare a Supplier Relationship Charter
- Learn the potential Risk Management Pitfalls in Vendor Management
- An understanding of the different methods used to Justify Project Costs
- Learn about the different aspects of Contract Administration from Award to Warranty, including Contract Change Management, Claims and Dispute Management
- Learn the importance of preparing for Project Closeout and Handover
- Understand the importance of Competitor Analysis
- Have undergone a thorough study of the Requirements of a Tender and, thereby know how to conduct a complete and accurate Scoping of the requirements of the tender
- Know how to conduct a complete and comprehensive Risk Assessment
- Know how to develop a Value Proposition to differentiate themselves from their competition
- Have learnt how to put a Proposal together
- Trainer and Participant Introduction
- Challenges and Expectations
- Contract Management Game
- Each team will identify a need and an opportunity, that will require them to understand the requirements and risks, and later, the cost estimation and a proposal. (preferably a real situation)
- Why Outsource?
- Make or Buy Analysis
- Project Considerations
- Why consider Project Considerations?
- The Considerations
- The Tendering Process
- The Tendering Process Flow
- General Tendering Process
- Exceptions to the Tendering Process
- The Requirements
- Business Requirements
- Stakeholder Requirements
- Transition Requirements
- Solution Requirements
- Functional Requirements
- Non-Functional Requirements
- Categories of Requirements
- User Stories
- Categories of Requirements
- Review a sample RFP to understand the various parts and the format
- Contract Types
- Master Contract
- Fixed Price
- Cost Reimbursable
- Time & Material
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Standard Contract Documents
- Contract Terminology and Legalese
- Setting Terms and Conditions
- Precedence in Contract Clauses
- Common Pitfalls in Vendor Contracts
- Review a sample Contract to understand the various parts and the format
- To prepare a set of Terms and Conditions for the participants’ own business need
- The Big Picture
- To Bid or Not To Bid!
- 5 Steps to Winning Technology Tenders
- Risk Management
- Risk Identification
- Risk Allocation
- Risk Analysis
- Risk Allocation
- Risk Response Strategies
- To perform Risk Analysis on the participants’ own opportunity
- Planning Your Solution
- Standard PM Methodology
- Competitor Analysis
- Why perform Competitor Analysis?
- Questions to ask
- Types of Competitors
- Sources of competitor information
- To perform Competitor Analysis for the participants’ own opportunity
- Cost Estimation
- Cost Estimation Strategies
- Components of Cost
- Estimate the costs of the identified need and opportunity
- Cost Justification
- Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Breakeven Analysis/Payback Period
- Net Present Value (NPV)
- Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
- Use one of these methods to justify the cost of the project
- Project Financing
- Financing Models
- Tax Planning
- The Bid Team
- Why a Bid Team?
- Generic Bid Team Structure
- The Generic Bid Process
- The Value Proposition
- What is Value?
- Approach to Differentiation
- Building the Value Proposition
- Application of the Value Proposition
- Types of Value
- Develop a Value Proposition for your Proposal
- Key Considerations
- The Management Summary
- Proposal Organisation
- Proposal Presentation
- Influencing Skills
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Create a Stakeholder Map for your opportunity and discuss your Influence Strategies for 2 of the key Stakeholders
- Prepare a Management Summary for your Proposal
- Vendor Search
- Joint Venture
- Proposal Evaluation and Vendor Selection
- Contract Negotiation
- Vendor Audit
- Critical Success Factors
- Clear Objectives
- Expectations Management
- Problem Management
- Change Management
- What is Vendor Management?
- Setting up a Vendor Management Process
- Tips to Successful Vendor Management
- Rules of Engagement
- The Supplier Engagement Charter
- Risk Management Pitfalls
- Contract Period
- Standard Project Management Practices
- The Contract
- Reviewing Contract Terms and Conditions
- Contract Change Management
- Claims Management
- Dispute Management
- Conducting Procurement Audits
- What is a Procurement Audit?
- What is the SOP for this Audit?
- Closeout and Handover Procedures
- Prepare Closeout/Handover Procedures for an Ongoing Project
Who Should Attend This Training?
Sales personnel, Consultants and Project professionals responsible for preparing and giving inputs during the tendering process.
|w/o GST||w GST|
COMAT is a business centre of e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering.
Terms & Conditions
- All prices stated above are in Singapore Dollars (SGD).
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to change the date or venue without prior notice.
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course due to class size or unforeseen circumstances.