Duration: 4 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
What Will Be Taught For This ITIL Course?
This course is a four-day classroom training relevant for professionals who play a role in developing, implementing and managing IT service quality in order to deliver business value. This course is a free standing qualification and is also part of the ITIL® intermediate lifecycle stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL® Expert Certificate in IT Service Management. The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test and validate the knowledge on industry practices in service management and strategy as documented in the official ITIL® Service Strategy publication.. Practical examples and real life case studies are used to guide and assist with the understanding of key concepts throughout the course. At the end of the four-day classroom training, the certification exam may be taken.
The ITIL® Service Strategy certificate is awarded to candidates passing the examination. Participants will also earn 28 Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units upon course completion.
This course and qualification provides a complete overview of service strategy including all its related activities: how to design, develop, and implement service management not only as an organizational capability but also as a strategic asset. Candidates can expect to gain key competencies related to this certification.
- Introduction to service strategy
- Service strategy principles
- Service strategy processes
- Organizing for service strategy
- Technology considerations
- Implementing service strategy
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks
- The scope of service strategy
- The value to the business
- The context of service strategy in relation to all other lifecycle stages
- The ability to decide on a service strategy
- How to utilize the four P’s of service strategy
- How to define services, create value and leverage the combined use of utility and warranty
- How to use service economics and sourcing strategies when meeting business outcomes
- The management level concepts for the five service strategy processes and how they flow and integrate with the lifecycle
- The purpose, scope and objectives of each service strategy process and how they link to value for the business
- The ability to analyze IT governance and use it to set strategy by leveraging governance frameworks, bodies
- The ability to create an organizational design using the relevant development and departmental methods
- Understand the relevance and opportunities for service automation and the importance and application of technology interfaces across the lifecycle
- Develop implementation strategies that follow a lifecycle approach (e.g. design, transition, operation and improvement, programs)
- The ability to provide insight and guidance for strategic challenges, risks and critical success factors
TThe examination duration is 90 minutes and is a closed book paper containing 8 scenario based gradient scored MCQ (multiple choice questions). Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks.
A candidate is expected to answer all questions and must attain a score of 70% (28/40) and above to pass the examination and qualify for certification.
Who Should Attend This ITIL Training?
This course aims at those Service Desk team leaders, supervisors and managers, IT consultants, IT service providers, IT senior managers, IT managers and supervisory staff, IT audit managers, IT security managers, service designers, IT architects who are involved in the developing, designing, managing and delivering of IT Services within the organization.
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management that must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission.
Candidates who hold the following ITIL® qualifications are also eligible, and similar evidence will be required:
- Earlier ITIL® (V2) Foundation plus Foundation Bridge
- ITIL® Expert Certificate in IT Service Management (achieved via Service Manager or Practitioner bridging routes)
|w/o GST||w GST|
COMAT is a business centre of e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering.
Terms & Conditions
- All prices stated above are in Singapore Dollars (SGD).
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to change the date or venue without prior notice.
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course due to class size or unforeseen circumstances.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.