Duration: 4 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
What Will Be Taught For This ITIL Course?
This course is a four-day classroom training relevant for professionals who play a role in developing, implementing and managing IT service quality in order to deliver business value. This course is a free-standing qualification and is also part of the ITIL® intermediate lifecycle stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL® Expert Certificate in IT Service Management. The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test and validate the knowledge on industry practices in service management as documented in the official ITIL® Service Operation publication. Practical examples and real life case studies are used to guide and assist with the understanding of key concepts throughout the course. At the end of the four-day classroom training, the certification exam may be taken.
The ITIL® Service Operation certificate is awarded to candidates passing the examination. Participants will also earn 28 Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units upon course completion.
This course and qualification provides a complete management level overview of service operation including all its related activities. Candidates can expect to gain key competencies related to this certification.
- Introduction to service operation
- Service operation principles
- Service operation processes
- Common service operation activities
- Organizing for service operation
- Technology considerations
- Implementation of service operation
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks.
- The purpose, objectives and scope of service operation
- The value to the business
- The context of service operation in the ITIL® service lifecycle
- The fundamental aspects of service operation and the ability to define them.
- How an understanding of the basic conflict between maintaining the status quo and adapting to changes in business needs can lead to better service operation
- Other service operation principles including: involvement in other lifecycle stages; understanding operational health; the need for good documentation and communication including a communication strategy
- Service operation inputs and outputs
- The use, interaction and value of each of the service operation processes: event management, incident management, request fulfillment, problem management, and access management
- How the common activities of service operation are coordinated for the ongoing management of the technology that is used to deliver and support the services
- How monitoring, reporting and control of the services contributes to the ongoing management of the services and the technology that is used to deliver and support the services
- How the operational activities of processes covered in other lifecycle stages contribute to service operation
- How IT operations staff should look for opportunities to improve the operational activities
- The role, objectives and activities of each of the four functions of service operation: service desk, technical management, IT operations management, and application management
- Service operation roles and responsibilities, where and how they are used as well as how a service operation organization would be structured to use these roles.
- The generic requirements of technologies that support service management across all lifecycle stages
- The specific technology required supporting the service operation processes and functions.
- Specific issues relevant to implementing service operation including: managing change in service operation; assessing and managing risk in service operation; operations staff involvement in service design and service transition
- Planning and implementing service management technologies within a company.
- The challenges (e.g. engagement with staff outside service operation, justifying funding), critical success factors (e.g. management and business support, staff retention) and risks (e.g. loss of service) related to service.
The examination duration is 90 minutes and is a closed book paper containing 8 scenario based gradient scored MCQ (multiple choice questions). Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks.
A candidate is expected to answer all questions and must attain a score of 70% (28/40) and above to pass the examination and qualify for certification.
Who Should Attend This ITIL Training?
This course aims at those Service Desk team leaders, supervisors and managers, IT consultants, IT service providers, IT senior managers, IT managers and supervisory staff, IT audit managers, IT security managers, service designers, IT architects who are involved in the developing, designing, managing and delivering of IT Services within the organization.
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management that must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission.
Candidates who hold the following ITIL® qualifications are also eligible, and similar evidence will be required:
- Earlier ITIL® (V2) Foundation plus Foundation Bridge
- ITIL® Expert Certificate in IT Service Management (achieved via Service Manager or Practitioner bridging routes).
|w/o GST||w GST|
CANCELLATION/POSTPONEMENT / CHANGE of VENUE
- 2 to 4 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 50% of course fee for cancellation
- Less than 2 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 100% of course fees for postponement or cancellation
- ST Electronics (e-Services) Pte Ltd reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course or change the venue due to unforeseen circumstances.
COMAT is a business centre of e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering.
Terms & Conditions
- All prices stated above are in Singapore Dollars (SGD).
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to change the date or venue without prior notice.
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course due to class size or unforeseen circumstances.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.