Duration: 2 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
Technical: 14 PDUs
Total: 14 PDUs
What Will Be Taught For This Course?
In this turbulent and fast changing business environment, modern project management methods and tools help organizations achieve their strategic, business and operational objectives. Projects are used to enable change and allow organizations to effectively implement new strategies. Irrespective of the product or service sector, strategic/advanced project management competence require a multidisciplinary knowledge-based approach including connecting corporate to business strategy to customer relationship and outsourcing partnership management, enterprise balanced scorecard, international business and cross-cultural management, leadership and organizational behaviour.
Given this business environment impacted by globalization, 21stcentury managers need to improve and sharpen their tools (with templates)to attain organization supreme execution capability by ensuring strategy at the strategic level is cascaded down to the business and operational levels for business results.
Take Home Value
The focus of this course is on developing strategic action learning skills based on the 10 advanced project management tools with templates to achieve supreme organization performance, i.e. advancing the project organizational maturity competence to the next level.
What You Will Learn:You will learn that the 10 advanced project management tools improve on:
- Holistic Thinking: for effective planning through integration of ideas, processes,and product/marketing mix.
- Systems Thinking: for effective control through converting strategies into portfolio of programs and projects for successful implementation.
- Critical Thinking: for effective-decision making through innovation of ideas, processes,product/marketing mix.
These three types of competence are crucial for sustainable business growth in the 3rd industrial revolution (2010 onwards).
Holistic Thinking for Integration. The tools are:
- Concept Diagram –a powerful tool for creating an idea to ensure that the key elements are strategically fit, i.e. strategy must be supported by the right people who fit into the right process, and train them on the right tools.
- Delta Matrix –is a more detailed and more powerful tool that deals with9 essential elements of a strategic project. Ensure that its purpose (why?) is ascertained; people (who?)is involved; process (way?); scope (is/is not?), support (what?), schedule (when?), strategy (how to achieve the purpose?), structure (how to organize?), system (how to measure?).
- Smiling Curve –a simple yet revealing tool to show the relative contribution of value-add of products and services.Applicable to most projects to compare their benefits/profitability.
Systems Thinking for Implementation. The tools are:
- Six As –an important tool for stakeholder communication. Communication starts with creating awareness, follow by alignment before action, and adoption is crucial to communication because we communicate to connect so as to get “buy in” from the stakeholders. Assurance is the final step of communication for successful execution of strategy; there must be a control and feedback loop in anticipation of changes/risks.
- S-I-O Model –this simple yet effective tool is to ensure that the works are always operated at the right level. S-I-O stands for Strategize-Implement-Operate. The output of strategize is a strategy. This strategy is converted into project for implementation. The outcome of a project when successfully operated is its business results. However, this is incomplete unless the S-I-O model utilize a balanced scorecard to measure the successful execution of strategy.
- Systems Diagram –a simple yet an effective tool for problem solving. It is as simple as an input process output flow where the output has to be decided first before proceeding to finding alternatives value add/transformation to convert the input into desired output. To be sure, a systems diagram must be closed loop to monitor and control the variance to be within the required threshold limit.
Critical Thinking for Innovation. The tools are:
- House of Competence –an action learning tool that utilize the house to evaluate the fundamental competence (the foundation of the house), the supporting columns (the “must know” competence), and the ultimate purpose and core competence, i.e. must be unique, scalable, and hard to emulate by competitors.
- Building Blocks of Competence –an advanced action tool for accelerated learning by breaking down learning into 5 stages, i.e.beginner, learner, professional, expert, mastery.
- Holistic Thinking Matrix –a right brain and a left brain tool to ensure that the 3 types of thinking and its outcome are determined, i.e. a modern strategic project management tool.
- Know-Do-Teach-Coach Cycle –a tool to enhance continual learning and expediting the development of light-weight, medium-weight, and heavy-weight project leadership.
Who Should Attend This Training?
PMPs and savvy project managers who wish to fulfill the 60 PDUs (this course is pre-approved by PMI for 14 PDUs); function and support departmental managers with the need to upgrade and/or keep abreast of their competence for continual managerial improvement by enhancing productivity and innovative contributions to their organizations; project managers/middle management who are promoted but need the competence to convert and connect strategic requirements to business objectives and ultimately to business results.
|w/o GST||w GST|
1. 2 to 3 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 50% of course fee for cancellation
2. Less than 2 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 100% of course fees for postponement or cancellation
3. Course schedule selected is subjected to confirmation.
4. ST Electronics (e-Services) Pte Ltd reserves the rights to withdraw, re-schedule the class or change the venue due to unforeseen circumstances.
COMAT is a business centre of e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering.
Terms & Conditions
- All prices stated above are in Singapore Dollars (SGD).
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to change the date or venue without prior notice.
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course due to class size or unforeseen circumstances.