Duration: 5 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
What Will Be Taught For This IBM Course?
This course integrates training in business process management (BPM) methods and implementation with IBM Business Process Manager V8.5.7. You learn core process modeling and implementation skills, the project development approach, process model implementation fundamentals, and exceptional delivery patterns. These skills improve the speed and quality of process definition and implementation efforts.
IBM Business Process Manager is a comprehensive BPM environment that provides the visibility and insight that is required to effectively manage the business processes of an organization. The course begins with an overview of business process management, emphasizing the concepts of reuse, ease of maintenance, and high-quality development strategies. You create simple ad-hoc activities by using the web-based tools, and use the IBM Business Process Manager Web Process Designer to create a business process definition (process) from business requirements that are identified during process analysis. You learn how to make team collaboration more efficient by enabling all team members to use standard Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) elements.
The course continues with an overview of the architecture of IBM Business Process Manager, and describes the use of process applications and toolkits within the tool. You create business objects and variables, implement gateways, and demonstrate process flow on your diagrams. You build customized user interfaces (coaches) to enable business and process data flows throughout the process model.
The course uses an interactive learning environment, with hands-on demonstrations and class activities to reinforce concepts and check understanding. Lab exercises throughout the course provide hands-on experience with BPM tasks and skills. This course is intended to be collaborative, and you can work in teams to complete class activities.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe why process modeling is an important phase in the BPM lifecycle
- Create structured and unstructured processes (formerly Case) using Web Process Designer
- Create ad-hoc activities by using the Process Designer
- Identify how to use Process Designer to create a process application
- List and identify the core elements that are used to create a process in the Process Designer
- Translate workflow steps into business process activities and nested processes
- Use gateways to control the process flow
- Validate that the process model meets Playback 0 goals and requirements
- Identify how intermediate events are used during the execution of a business process
- Describe the architecture of IBM Business Process Manager
- Organize process assets into toolkits
- Manage variables and data flow
- Implement timer events
- Implement gateways and routing to control process flow
- Build a business data model
- Build services and user input forms (coaches)
- Create a snapshot for deployment
- Create a decision service
- Model and implement message events
- Apply asset tags to organize artifacts
- Enhance coaches for a rich user experience and apply themes
- Implement effective error handling in processes and services
- Introduction to business process management
- Introduction to IBM Business Process Manager and integration with other tools
- Modeling the as-is business process
- Modeling the to-be business process
- Controlling process flow
- Building consensus
- IBM Business Process Manager architecture
- Controlling process flow with business data
- Business data, services, and coaches
- Enhancing coaches
- Hardening processes and services
- Deploying process applications
Who Should Attend This IBM Training?
This course is designed for project members who design and implement detailed logic, data models, and external system integrations for an executable business process definition. These roles include process owners, BPM analysts, BPM authors, BPM developers, BPM administrators, and BPM project managers.
- Practical knowledge of data structures
- Basic understanding of web services
- Experience with modern programming techniques
|w/o GST||w GST|
1. 2 to 3 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 50% of course fee for cancellation
2. Less than 2 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 100% of course fees for postponement or cancellation
3. Course schedule selected is subjected to confirmation.
4. ST Electronics (e-Services) Pte Ltd reserves the rights to withdraw, re-schedule the class or change the venue due to unforeseen circumstances.
Please click on the course date to enrol.