Duration: 5 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
What Will Be Taught For This IBM Course?
This comprehensive course combines informative lectures and discussions with relevant activities and labs so that you can administer IBM WebSphere Portal 8.5. In the first part of the course, the focus is on installation and configuration of IBM WebSphere Portal 8.5. After installation, focus shifts to configuration and administration. Configuration includes the database that WebSphere Portal uses, federated user registries, and clustering for scalability and fault tolerance. In the second half of the course, you practice common day-to-day administration tasks on IBM WebSphere Portal Server 8.5, including portlet installation, security configuration, and WebSphere Portal site management.
Use the features, functions, and procedures of IBM WebSphere Portal 8.5 to achieve the following tasks:
- Configure WebSphere Portal to use an IBM Tivoli Directory Server LDAP server
- Create a Network Deployment cell that contains a single node cluster
- Select the best topology for your organization’s needs
- Turn on logging and tracing
- Use XML Access to streamline management activities
- Back up and restore data
- Implement release management practices
- Add portlets to pages by using the new drag and drop of the page builder
- Deploy a new portlet
- Manage access
- Create and apply visibility rules
- Work with syndication feeds
- Integrate mashups
- Configure search
- Customize or brand the portal
- Deploy a custom theme
- Transfer the ready-to-use data from the Derby database to DB2 Universal Database
- Installing WebSphere Portal
- Configuring WebSphere Portal
- LDAP and security for WebSphere Portal
- Page management
- Deploying portlets
- WebSphere Portal security management
- Attribute-based administration
- WebSphere Portal search
- Other administrative portlets
- WebSphere Portal usage analysis
- Virtual portlets and realms
- XML access
- Staging to production
- Creating a cell
- Federating a portal node into a cell
- Managing portlets in WebSphere Portal clusters
- Theme architecture
- Production topologies
- Production procedures
Who Should Attend This IBM Training?
This intermediate course is for experienced system administrators that are new to WebSphere Portal or need to refresh WebSphere Portal administration skills. They are responsible for installing and configuring WebSphere Portal and its day-to-day management.
- Understanding the WebSphere Application Server and JVM environments
- Experience with the WebSphere Application Server and JVM environments
- Database administration experience
- Network security experience
|w/o GST||w GST|
Terms & Conditions
- All prices stated above are in Singapore Dollars (SGD).
- ST Electronics (e-Services) reserves the right to change the date or venue without prior notice.
- ST Electronics (e-Services) reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course due to class size or unforeseen circumstances.
Please click on the course date to enrol.