What Will Be Taught For This IBM Course?
This 4-day course is designed to provide technical professionals with the skills needed to administer IBM MQ queue managers on distributed platforms such as Windows 2008 Server and Linux.
In this course, you learn how to install, customize, operate, administer, and monitor IBM MQ on distributed platforms. The course covers topics such as configuration, day-to-day administration, problem recovery, and managing security and performance.
In addition to the instructor-led lectures, you participate in handson lab exercises that are designed to reinforce lecture content. The lab exercises use IBM MQ V8.0, giving you practical experience with tasks such as handling queue recovery, implementing security, and problem determination.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Plan the implementation of IBM MQ
- Install IBM MQ
- Perform basic customization and administration tasks
- Enable a queue manager to exchange messages with another queue manager
- Use a trigger message and a trigger monitor to start an application to process messages
- Implement basic queue manager restart and recovery procedures
- Identify the cause of a problem
- Plan for and implement basic IBM MQ security features
- Use accounting and statistics messages to monitor the activities in an IBM MQ system
- Use IBM MQ sample programs to test queue manager, queue, channel, and client configuration
- Unit 1. IBM MQ review
- Unit 2. Installing IBM MQ
- Unit 3. Creating a basic configuration
- Unit 4. Introduction to IBM MQ Explorer
- Unit 5. Introduction to the Message Queue Interface (MQI)
- Unit 6. Implementing trigger messages and monitors
- Unit 7. Message persistence and recovery
- Unit 8. Identifying the cause of problems
- Unit 9. Implementing distributed queuing
- Unit 10. Implementing basic security
- Unit 11. IBM MQ clients
- Unit 12. Backing up and restoring IBM MQ object definitions
- Unit 13. Monitoring and configuring IBM MQ for performance
- Unit 14. JMS administration overview
- Unit 15. Course summary
Who Should Attend This IBM Training?
This course is designed for technical professionals who require the skills to administer any of the IBM MQ queue managers except IBM MQ for z/OS or IBM MQ for iSeries.
- Have a basic knowledge of IBM MQ V8 concepts, either through successful completion of course WM102, Technical Introduction to IBM MQ, or through equivalent practical experience
- Be familiar with and able to use standard functions within the operating system that is used in the lab exercises
- Have a basic knowledge of TCP/IP
|w/o GST||w GST|
COMAT is a business centre of e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering.
Terms & Conditions
- All prices stated above are in Singapore Dollars (SGD).
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to change the date or venue without prior notice.
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course due to class size or unforeseen circumstances.
Please click on the course date to enrol.