Duration: 4 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
What Will Be Taught For This IBM Course?
This course expands the basic skill sets that are developed in courses WM102, Technical Introduction to IBM MQ, and WM207 or WM209, IBM MQ V8 System Administration.
This course focuses on features and facilities of IBM MQ, such as clustering and security. Specifically, you learn about implementing a cluster and authenticating connections, channels, and users. Other topics include securing channels with Secure Socket Layer (SSL), channel exit administration, advanced client features, event and message monitoring, and publish/subscribe administration.
In addition to the instructor-led lectures, you participate in handson lab exercises that are designed to reinforce lecture content. The lab exercises use IBM MQ V8.0, giving you practical experience with tasks such as implementing security, configuring a cluster, and advanced troubleshooting techniques.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Manage client connections and enable client connection functions such as conversation sharing and read ahead to improve performance
- Use Secure Sockets Layers (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) to secure TCP/IP channels
- Authenticate IBM MQ channels, connections, and users
- Implement channel exit programs
- Group a set of queue managers in a cluster to distribute the workload of message traffic across queues and queue managers
- Implement IBM MQ high availability
- Monitor application activity, events, and messages
- Implement a dead-letter queue message handler
- Administer distributed publish/subscribe networks
- Administer Java Message Service (JMS) in IBM MQ
- Module 1 - Managing clients and connections
- Module 2 - Securing IBM MQ channels with SSL and TLS
- Module 3 - Authenticating channels and connections
- Module 4 - Implementing an IBM MQ cluster
- Module 5 - More troubleshooting tools and techniques
- Module 6 - High availability
- Module 7 - Introduction to distributed publish/subscribe
- Module 8 - Supporting JMS with IBM MQ
- Module 9 - Course summary
Who Should Attend This IBM Training?
This advanced skills course is designed for technical professionals who require advanced administrator skills for IBM MQ on distributed operating systems, or who provide support to others who administer IBM MQ. This course is based on IBM MQ V8 but is also appropriate for students who support prior versions of WebSphere MQ.
Before taking this course, you should have the skills that are required to complete basic IBM MQ system administration tasks in a distributed environment. These skills can be obtained through practical experience or by successfully completing one of the IBM MQ V8 system administration courses for distributed operating systems (WM207 or WM209).
|w/o GST||w GST|
CANCELLATION/POSTPONEMENT/CHANGE of VENUE
- 2 to 4 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 50% of course fee for cancellation
- Less than 2 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 100% of course fees for postponement or cancellation
- ST Electronics (e-Services) Pte Ltd reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course or change the venue due to unforeseen circumstances.
Please click on the course date to enrol.
- CL: Classroom Learning
- VILT: Virtual Instructor-Led Training
- GTR: Guaranteed To Run
- Sat: Saturday
- Wkn: Weekend