Duration: 5 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
What Will Be Taught For This IBM Course?
This course introduces the concepts and skills necessary to build a website by using IBM Web Content Manager 8.5. It includes building an authoring system, creating and managing web content items, creating a change management framework, and delivering web content.
Hands-on exercises on the Windows operating system are provided throughout the course, giving you practical experience with building, designing, and managing a website.
This course provides lab exercises running on IBM Web Content Manager 8.5 Cumulative Fix 06. Also included are the Content Template Catalog (CTC) 4.3 and IBM Script Portlet 1.3.
The lab environment for this course uses the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 platform.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Build a website by using IBM Web Content Manager
- Create components for reuse and ease of maintenance
- Create a content authoring system and authoring templates
- Create and manage web content items
- Create a content library and manage access to the library
- Add navigational components to a website
- Add personalization components to a website
- Use inline editing functions
- Create and work with draft items and publish the draft
- Provide secure user access to a website
- Implement change management practices
- Reference Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) files in presentation templates and components
- Describe and identify the components in the Content Template Catalog (CTC)
- Use IBM Site Builder to build various websites
- Use the IBM Mobile Preview for Digital Experience Software
- Install IBM Script Portlet
- Build applications by using the Script Portlet Editor
- Module 1 - Overview of IBM Web Content Manager
- Module 2 - Templates, components, items, and search
- Module 3 - Pages, portlets, and page templates
- Module 4 - Adding navigational components to your website
- Module 5 - Item management
- Module 6 - Personalization and categories
- Module 7 - Custom authoring features
- Module 8 - Working with drafts, workflows, and projects
- Module 9 - User access and security
- Module 10 - IBM Web Content Manager content tags
- Module 11 - Content acquisition
- Module 12 - Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) in IBM Web Content Manager
- Module 13 - Content Template Catalog (CTC) and Site Builder
- Module 14 - Introduction to the IBM Script Portlet
Who Should Attend This IBM Training?
This course is designed for users who need to build a website and authoring system by using IBM Web Content Manager 8.5.
- Experience with using HTML and CSS
- Experience in website development and maintenance
- Experience in existing workflow and security practices
|w/o GST||w GST|
Please click on the course date to enrol.
- CL: Classroom Learning
- VILT: Virtual Instructor-Led Training
- GTR: Guaranteed To Run
- Sat: Saturday
- Wkn: Weekend