Duration: 3 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
What Will Be Taught For This IBM Course?
In this 3-day instructor-led course, students learn about business process management (BPM) process analysis and improvement methods and techniques, and how to make their organizations and business units process-oriented.
This interactive course uses a collaborative learning environment to teach best-practice processes that help organizations with the decomposition of a business unit or group within an enterprise. The course also offers hands-on demonstrations and a predefined case study exercise that are designed to reinforce the concepts and skills covered in the lectures.
The course begins with an overview of business process management and change management concepts. Students learn about managing upstream and downstream impacts and the cross-functional importance of processes to the overall objectives of an organization. The course explains important concepts and activities such as process analysis, process improvement, working with as-is and to-be processes, Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN), and identifying and working with key performance indicators (KPIs).
In addition, the course introduces students to IBM Blueworks Live, which is a software as a service (SaaS) offering that can help organizations quickly document and improve business processes by enabling collaboration and process automation in a secure, cloud-based environment.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe business process management (BPM) and its benefits to an organization
- Document process opportunities and attach relevant references to clarify requirements
- Map high-level activities and participants in a business process using Blueworks Live
- Generate and refine a detailed process diagram using Blueworks Live
- Establish a change management plan to garner acceptance and buy-in for process improvement initiatives
- Document detailed processes through validation and enhancement of blueprints including key inputs and outputs, as well as known issues and impacts
- Facilitate process discovery sessions
- Create a detailed list of areas of opportunity
- Generate a prioritized list of opportunities for improvement
- Identify key performance indicators (KPIs) for a process
- Identify next steps for process improvement initiatives
- Module 1 - Business process management (BPM) overview
- Module 2 - Ensuring a process-driven culture
- Module 3 - Change management tools
- Module 4 - Introduction and Blueworks Live hands-on mapping
- Module 5 - Best practices and tips for discovery and blueprinting
- Module 6 - Analyzing the process using BPM methodology
- Module 7 - Process Value Add Analysis
- Module 8 - Using a priority matrix as a roadmap for process improvements
- Module 9 - Blueprinting the to-be process
- Module 10 - Key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Module 11 - Importing the to-be process into WebSphere Lombardi Edition
- Module 12 - Playback Zero
- Module 13 - Process Optimizer
- Module 14 - Course summary
Who Should Attend This IBM Training?
This course is designed for all project team members involved in definition, implementation, and administration of a process solution, and provides in-depth knowledge for team members who serve in the BPM Analyst role.
|w/o GST||w GST|
Please ensure that you have read our Terms and Conditions before submitting the enrolment form.
Please click on the course date to enrol.
- CL: Classroom Learning
- VILT: Virtual Instructor-Led Training
- GTR: Guaranteed To Run
- Sat: Saturday
- Wkn: Weekend