Duration: 5 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
What Will Be Taught For This IBM Course?
This course is also available as self-paced virtual (e-learning) course, Administration of IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8.5.5 (ZB870G). This option does not require any travel.
In this introductory course, you learn the skills that are needed to install, configure, and administer IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8.5.5.
IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8.5.5 includes IBM Process Server, IBM Integration Designer, IBM Process Designer, IBM Process Center, and WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus. This course focuses on IBM Process Server, which is a high-performance business engine at the heart of business process management (BPM) and service-oriented architecture (SOA).
The course covers how to configure both Process Center and Process Server in a network deployment environment. You learn about the various deployment topologies available for both environments. The course also teaches you about the selection criteria for choosing an appropriate deployment topology.
You learn how Business Process Manager uses the service integration bus (WebSphere Platform Messaging) for all asynchronous communications. To build a highly available Process Server architecture, you must understand how the service integration bus works, and know how to integrate it into the design of a topology.
Hands-on exercises on the Linux operating system are provided throughout the course, giving you practical experience with designing, deploying, and troubleshooting a highly available Process Server environment. Through the labs, you configure both Process Center and Process Server in a network deployment environment and verify the configuration. You deploy a basic application and use it to test the capabilities of the Process Server environment. You examine applications in Process Center and deploy applications to both an online and an offline Process Server environment. Finally, you integrate the deployment manager with IBM Tivoli Directory Server and secure the environment.
This course provides lab exercises running on IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8.5.5.
The lab environment for this course uses the Linux platform.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Configure and administer a Process Center environment
- Configure and administer a Process Server environment
- Describe the purpose and business value of the tools included in IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8.5.5: IBM Process Designer, IBM Integration Designer, IBM Process Server, IBM Process Center, and WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus
- Describe IBM Business Process Manager Advanced architecture, concepts, and terminology
- Describe the deployment considerations for IBM Business Process Manager Advanced components
- Describe the Process Server high availability topologies and their selection criteria
- Create a Process Center clustered environment by using the Deployment Environment wizard
- Create a customized properties file by using the IBM BPM Configuration editor
- Create a Process Server clustered environment by using the BPMConfig utility
- Purge content in the Process Center environment
- Purge content in the Process Server environment
- Verify the functions of failover in a clustered environment
- Deploy and manage business applications
- Work with the administrative console and management tools
- Deploy applications to an offline and online Process Server environment
- Implement SSL between the Process Center and Process Server environments
- Integrate with Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) to secure the environment
- Troubleshoot the environment
- Module 1 - Overview of IBM Business Process Manager Advanced
- Module 2 - IBM Business Process Manager Advanced installation
- Module 3 - IBM Business Process Manager Advanced architecture overview
- Module 4 - IBM Business Process Manager components
- Module 5 - IBM Business Process Manager Advanced deployment topologies
- Module 6 - Introduction to IBM Process Center
- Module 7 - Overview of Process Portal
- Module 8 - Introduction to IBM Process Server
- Module 9 - Business process choreography
- Module 10 - Application deployment concepts
- Module 11 - Overview of deployment scenarios
- Module 12 - Advanced administration concepts
- Module 13 - Security
- Module 14 - Problem determination
Who Should Attend This IBM Training?
This basic course is designed for systems administrators, solutions administrators, and operators who install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot Process Server applications.
Before taking this course, you should successfully complete one of the following courses:
- WebSphere Application Server V8.5 Administration (WA585G)
- WebSphere Application Server V8.5 Administration (ZA585G)
- WebSphere Application Server V8.5.5 Administration (WA855G)
- WebSphere Application Server V8.5.5 Administration (ZA855G)
You should also have a general knowledge of:
- The Linux operating system
- Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) and Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Administering multitier business applications
|w/o GST||w GST|
CANCELLATION/POSTPONEMENT/CHANGE of VENUE
- 2 to 4 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 50% of course fee for cancellation
- Less than 2 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 100% of course fees for postponement or cancellation
- ST Electronics (e-Services) Pte Ltd reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course or change the venue due to unforeseen circumstances.
Please click on the course date to enrol.