Duration: 5 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
What Will Be Taught For This IBM Course?
This course teaches you the fundamental skills that are required to configure, implement, and troubleshoot services that are developed on the IBM DataPower Gateway (IDG) appliances with firmware version 7.1.x. The concepts in this course are also beneficial to system administrators of the DataPower appliance, although there is a separate course for administrators.
The DataPower Gateway Appliances allow an enterprise to simplify, accelerate, and enhance the security capabilities of its XML and web services deployments, and extend the capabilities of its service-oriented architecture (SOA) infrastructure. The appliances also extend these capabilities into the JSON, REST, and Mobile application areas.
Through a combination of instructor-led lectures and hands-on lab exercises, you learn how to implement the key use cases for the DataPower appliances. These include web service virtualization, web services security, integrating with IBM MQ, Mobile and REST support, integrating with OAuth 2.0, and authentication, authorization, and auditing (AAA). You also learn how to use various problem determination tools such as logs, monitors, and probes, and techniques for testing DataPower services and handling errors.
Hands-on exercises give you experience working directly with a DataPower Gateway appliance. The exercises focus on skills such as creating multi-protocol gateways and web service proxies, working with encryption and cryptographic objects, configuring service level monitoring, troubleshooting services, and handling errors.
- Describe how DataPower appliances are configured
- Create a web service proxy to virtualize web service applications
- Implement web services security
- Create and configure cryptographic objects
- Configure Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to and from DataPower appliances
- Configure a multi-protocol gateway (MPGW) to handle multiple protocols from a single service
- Configure a service level monitoring (SLM) policy to control message traffic
- Configure support for IBM MQ
- Use logs and probes to troubleshoot services
- Configure the DataPower resources that are needed to support OAuth 2.0
- Use patterns to define and deploy new services
- Use DataPower resources and options to support REST and JSON-based services
- Configure message transformation and routing by using style sheets (XSL) and GatewayScripts
- Handle errors in service policies
- Quick introduction to developing on DataPower
- Services overview
- Structure of a service
- Multi-protocol gateway service
- Problem determination tools
- Handling errors in a service policy
- DataPower cryptographic tools and SSL setup
- XML and web services security overview
- Authentication, authorization, and auditing (AAA)
- REST and JSON support for Web 2.0 and mobile applications
- OAuth overview and DataPower implementation
- DataPower caching
- Integrating with IBM MQ
- Web service proxy service
- Service level monitoring
- Patterns for service configuration
Who Should Attend This IBM Training?
This basic course is designed for integration developers who configure service policies on IBM DataPower Gateway appliances.
You should have successfully completed the following courses:
- Technical Introduction to IBM WebSphere DataPower Gateway Appliances V7 (VW700G)
- What’s New in IBM DataPower Version 7.1 (VW710G)
You should also be familiar with:
- Security-based concepts and protocols
- XML-related technologies such as XML schema, XPath, and XSLT
- Web service fundamentals and the web services security specifications
- REST-based services
|w/o GST||w GST|
Terms & Conditions
- All prices stated above are in Singapore Dollars (SGD).
- ST Electronics (e-Services) reserves the right to change the date or venue without prior notice.
- ST Electronics (e-Services) reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course due to class size or unforeseen circumstances.
Please click on the course date to enrol.