Duration: 1 day
Time: 9am to 6pm
What Will Be Taught For This Course?
This course provides the basis for the practice-based test for Perform Essential Online Functions (8 hrs) (ICDL Certification Module: Online Essentials)
This module sets out essential concepts and skills relating to web browsing, effective information search, online communication and e-mail.
- On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand web browsing and online security concepts.
- Use the web browser and manage browser settings, bookmarks, and web outputs.
- Search effectively for online information and critically evaluate web content.
- Understand key copyright and data protection issues.
- Understand concepts of online communities, communications and email.
- Send, receive e-mails and manage email settings.
- Organise and search emails and use calendars.
Module 1. Web Browsing Concepts
- Key Concepts
- Security and Safety
Module 2. Web Browsing
- Using the Web Browser Tools and Settings
- Bookmarks Web Outputs
Module 3. Web-Based Information
- Critical Evaluation
- Copyright, Data Protection
Module 4. Communication Concepts
- Online Communities
- Communication Tools
- E-mail Concepts
Module 5. Using E-mail
- Sending E-mail
- Receiving E-mail
- Tools and Settings
- Organising E-mails
- Using Calendars
An understanding of Windows / MS Outlook will be an added advantage
|w/o GST||w GST|
COMAT is a business centre of e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering.
Terms & Conditions
- All prices stated above are in Singapore Dollars (SGD).
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to change the date or venue without prior notice.
- e-Services, Electronics, ST Engineering reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course due to class size or unforeseen circumstances.
Please click on the course date to enrol.