Workfare Training Support (WTS) Scheme was introduced in 2010 to help older (35 years old and above), lower wage Singaporeans (earning not more than $1,900 per month) upgrade their skills through training, thereby improving their employability, upgrade to better jobs and earn more.
Workfare Training Support (WTS) Scheme - Individuals
Individuals must meet the following criteria to be eligible for 95% Course Fee Funding
Eligible Singaporeans will enjoy Training allowance per hour of $4.50 course fee funding sign up for any WTS qualifying courses
- Singapore Citizen;
- Be a Workfare Income Supplement (WIS) recipient (proof of eligibility status is required);
- Aged 35 & above;
- Earned a monthly income of not more than $1,900
- Have signed up for a Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) courses – Click HERE for list of WSQ courses
- Attained minimum 75% attendance and deemed 100% competent in all Assessments/Exams
To be eligible to claim for Training Allowance, trainee must achieve the following criteria:
Individuals can apply for training allowance at WDA Career Centre at the Community Development Councils (CDCs) up to 30 days after course starts.
- At least 75% course attendance;
- Deemed 100% competent in all Assessments/Exams
- Be employed in a job / sector relevant to your training
Alternatively, individuals may also apply for funding at the five Self-Help Groups and NTUC.
When applying for training allowance, eligible Singaporeans are to bring the following documents.
- Association of Muslim Professionals (AMP)
- Chinese Development Assistance Council (CDAC)
- Eurasian Association (EA)
- Singapore Indian Development Association (SINDA)
- Yayasan Mendaki
- National Trades Union Congress (NTUC)
- WTS notification letter
- Workfare Income Supplement (WIS) payout notification letter
- Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) tax notification letter
- SingPost receipt for CPF income declaration
- Any 1 of your last 3 monthsâ€™ payslips
- Employment letter / contract dated not more than 3 months before course registration
For more information on the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme, please call the WTS toll free hotline at 1800-222-6622 or visit www.workfare.sg