The world’s first occupational health and safety international standard is currently being developed. It will help your organization provide a safe and healthy workplace for your workers and other people, prevent deaths, work-related injury and ill-health as well as continually improve OH&S performance.Note: The final standard is now expected in the second half of 2017What are the anticipated benefits of ISO/DIS 45001?
ISO/DIS 45001 brings occupational health and safety management and continual improvement into the heart of an organization. This new standard is an opportunity for organizations to align their strategic direction with their OH&S management system. In addition, there is an increased focus on improving occupational health and safety performance.
Our customers tell us they get multiple benefits as a result of implementing and adopting occupational health and safety management systems, such as:
Source: International Organization for Standardization
- Reduce work related injuries, ill health and death
- Eliminate or minimize OH&S risks
- Improve OH&S performance and effectiveness
- Demonstrate corporate responsibility and meet supply chain requirements
- Protect brand reputation
- Motivate and engage staff through consultation and participation