What Will Be Taught For This Cyber Security Ops Course?
Whether you are a cyber security professional, or an IT professional tasked to manage your business’s IT infrastructure, NICF – Cyber Security Operations Specialist centres on equipping you and your team with the right skillsets and competencies to keep an organisation secure – not just in head-based knowledge, but in operational proficiency.
Specifically, NICF CSOC focuses on the cognitive and analytical abilities of participants, in addition to knowledge. NICF CSOS’ emphasis is on equipping participants with cyber defence operational skillsets – that will be ingrained in individuals on a day-to-day basis.
Cyber Security Imperatives
- Cyber threats, trends, terms and terminologies
- CIA, AAA, standards, audit, compliance and regulations
- Cryptography and applications
Network Technologies and Security
- Introduction to network systems, types and devices
- Secure network protocol (SSL/TLS, SSH)
- Introduction to network security devices (Firewall, IPS/IDS, SIEM, etc.)
Server Systems and Logs
- Types and functions of servers (web, database, mail, AD, etc.)
- OS, servers and their event logs (Windows, Linux,IIS, Apache, Mssql, sendmail and etc.)
Attack Methodology and Types
- Attack phases
- Types of vulnerabilities and attacks
- Web-based attack (OWASP top 10)
Security Operations Centre and Incident Response
- Different types of information security incident
- Information security incident management framework
- Overview to SOC concepts and operations
- Threat identification, threat correlation, threat aggregation, threat filtering (through applications and server logs)
- Incident handling, response management, notification and reporting
Security Products and Hands-On
- Checkpoint Firewall, Security Information and Event Management(SIEM)
- Monitoring tools such as Wireshark, Process Monitor
Security Operations Centre Cyber-Attack Scenario-based Exercises
- Exposure to real-world cyber-attack scenarios
- Developing detection, and response skills through team-based exercises
Assessment Format & Duration (only applicable for learner taking NICF grant)
|Assess learners on their mastery of the Performance Statements and Underpinning Knowledge
||Assess learners on their understanding of the competencies.
|Assess learners on their mastery and understanding of the Performance Statements, Underpinning Knowledge and competencies
Who Should Attend This Cyber Security Ops Course?
- Cyber Security Professionals looking to upskill their level of security operations proficiency
- IT Professionals / Engineers looking to multi-skill themselves in cyber security operations or looking to take on a cyber security-related job role
- System / Network Administrators requiring a better understanding of cyber security operations
- Information Security Managers and Executives involved in cyber security operations
- Project Managers, Risk Managers and Compliance Managers who require an understanding of cyber security operations processes and outcomes