What Will Be Taught For This Oracle Course?
The second of two courses that cover the Java Standard Edition 7 (Java SE 7) Platform, this course covers the core Application Programming Interfaces you will use to design object-oriented applications with Java. Learn to create class files that subclass other classes, extend abstract classes, and program with interfaces. Learn how to properly use exceptions, how to use the Collections framework, and develop applications that manipulate files, directories and file systems. This course also covers writing database programs with JDBC and JPA, and how to correctly write multi-threaded applications.
Practice your skills with labs that range from simple to complex and with experienced instructors who will answer your questions and guide your learning experience. The course features the latest JDK7 API's and tools.Use this course to further develop your skills with the Java language and prepare for the Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 7 Programmer Exam!
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create Java technology applications that leverage the object-oriented features of the Java language, such as encapsulation, inheritance, Execute a Java technology application from the command line
- Create applications that use the Java Collections framework
- Implement error-handling techniques using exception handling
- Implement input/output (I/O) functionality to read from and write to data and text files and understand advanced I/O streams
- Manipulate files, directories and file systems using the JDK7 NIO.2 specification
- Perform multiple operations on database tables, including creating, reading, updating and deleting using both JDBC and JPA technology
- Process strings using a variety of regular expressions
- Create high-performing multi-threaded applications that avoid deadlock
- Localize Java applications