Duration: 2 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
What Will Be Taught For This Excel Visual Basic Financial Modeling Course?
The rapidly increasing computational power of personal computers in combination with the development of dynamic software solutions for computational needs have in the recent few years brought the advantage of fairly sophisticated financial models in to the reach of a broader audience. The increasing flow of financial information is covering the skill of quantitative modeling using computers from an advantage into necessity.
MS Excel offers a good balance of ease-of-use, flexibility and efficiency in financial modeling, and has become the standard in the financial community. A reasonable level of efficiency however requires rather good knowledge in the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) programming language.
This intensive financial modeling course will teach Excel users how to harness additional programming power in the context of building Excel financial spreadsheet models. The sessions will emphasize technical issues to give the participants the tools needed for the latter sessions which will focus on familiar spreadsheet financial models which participants have already acquired. A short introduction into each topic is offered during the lectures, generally accompanied with examples. This course will be held in an interactive fashion where participants have the chance to instantly work with each presented example using a building block approach in learning.
What you will learn:
- Learn how to develop sophisticated spreadsheet models using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) programming language.
- Gain hands-on experience on how to build Excel spreadsheet models.
- Learn how to improve your current spreadsheet models.
- Know what is spreadsheet models and its limitations.
- Increase your skills and capabilities in building advanced financial and corporate models.
- What is Modeling?
- Spreadsheets Models And Limitations
- Overview Of How VBA Can Improve Spreadsheet Models
- VBA Model Design Principles
- Macro Features
- The Visual Basic Editor
- Working with charts Models Development
- Understanding Variables And Constants
- Using VBA Expressions
- Using Built-in Functions
- The Need For Arrays
- Rules For Working With Arrays
- Using Control Structure
- If And Case Constructions
- For / For Each / Do Loops
- The Excel VBA Object Model
- Applying VBA Objects, Properties, and Methods
- Scope Of Variables And Subroutines
- Arguments Passing
- Function Subroutines
- Handling Errors in VBA
- Protecting the VBA codes
- Enhancing Your Models Using Dialog Boxes And Controls; Custom Menus;
- Custom Toolbars And Automation procedures
- A Financial Modeling Case using Excel VBA
Who Should Attend This Excel Visual Basic Course Training?
Ideal for Business and Financial professionals such as Analysts, Investment Managers, CFOs, Accountants, Bankers and much more to harness the more sophisticated programming functions in Microsoft Office Excel to build financial models.
The participants are assumed to have fundamental knowledge of Excel and already have foundational knowledge in financial, statistical and econometric concepts
|w/o GST||w GST|
CANCELLATION/POSTPONEMENT/CHANGE of VENUE
- 2 to 4 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 50% of course fee for cancellation
- Less than 2 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 100% of course fees for postponement or cancellation
- ST Electronics (e-Services) Pte Ltd reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course or change the venue due to unforeseen circumstances.