Duration: 3 days
Time: 9am to 6pm
PDU Breakdown Strategic: 21 PDU
Total: 21 PDU
What Will Be Taught For This Excel For Business Analysis Course?
The rapidly changing business environment requires a business organization to constantly monitor and respond to opportunities and/or threats to meet stakeholders’ expectations. Business performance management comprises of a set of management and analytic processes, supported by technology, that enable businesses to define strategic goals and then measure and manage performance against those goals. Some of the key business processes associated with business performance management include financial planning, operational planning, business modeling, consolidation and reporting, analysis, and monitoring of key performance indicators linked to strategy. It involves consolidation of data from various sources, querying, and analysis of the data, and putting the results into practice.The construction of the performance reports and dashboard offers an organization to analyze, monitor, and control their business activities.
This course will enhance and supplement analysis and reporting using Microsoft Excel with a framework to understand on how to speed up and improve the information retrieval process into the spreadsheet for detailed analysis. Tools such as PivotTables, PivotChart and Slicers provide the necessary operational analysis and multimodal reports to retrieved data from enterprise financial and operational systems. It also addresses the skills require to automate and enhance reporting, using of advanced charting tools and techniques, building dynamic business monitoring metrics and dashboards, and reviewing security issues associated with creating and communicating Excel financial reports.
What you will learn:
- How to use Pivot table, charts and slicers for reporting and analysis
- How to use financial functions and analyze data using financial modelling tools such as what-if, scenarios, sensitivity,optimization and regression analysis
- To understand the concept of business intelligence and implementing business performance in organizations
- Increase the competency of Excel usage to support a more productive workforce
- How to build functions to support dynamic data and charts
- Working with advanced Excel functions and automating business performance processes and reporting
- Operationalizing business strategy
- Operationalizing performance with business intelligence(BI)
- Using Excel for business analytics
- Understanding Excel Table & BI
- Importing data from external data source
- Working with SQL queries
- Data analysis: conditional formatting, what-if and statistics, and charts
- Custom labels and formatting
- Working dynamic data lists
- Working with charts
- Spreadsheet concepts & structures
- Spreadsheet development & documentation
- Text functions
- Mathematical functions
- Lookup & reference functions
- Date &time functions
- Logical functions
- Information functions
- Analyzing data with pivot tales & pivot charts
- Working with form controls
- Creating dynamic charts
- Working with macros & VBA
- Collation of data
- Consolidation of data
- Building control sheet
- Adding form controls
- Building of supporting tables
- Adding charts
- Building the investment model
- Working with what-if analysis
- Working with scenarios
- Working with sensitivity analysis
- Working with optimization
- Break-even analysis
Who Should Attend This Microsoft Excel Training?
- CEOs, CFOs, COOs and other senior executives responsible for dramatically improving their organization’s financial and operational performance.
- Business managers and executives responsible for reporting and charting business performance, or building of business performance dashboards and monitoring business performance.
|w/o GST||w GST|
- This course is supported under UTAP funding.
Terms & Conditions
- All prices stated above are in Singapore Dollars (SGD).
- ST Electronics (e-Services) reserves the right to change the date or venue without prior notice.
- ST Electronics (e-Services) reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course due to class size or unforeseen circumstances.
Please click on the course date to enrol.