What Will Be Taught For This Course?
This workshop offers the participant the full complement of topics covering all the aspects of Contract Management from the customer’s focus to prepare a tender offering for solutions and services, to the vendor’s focus on preparing a proposal in response to the tender, through to how to manage the vendor during the implementation of the said solution or service, and the various skills and techniques that are needed by both the customer and the vendor during the entire tendering process.
The workshop uses a mix of lectures, facilitation, games, case studies, and role plays.
At the end of the workshop, the participant will:
- Have reviewed the Reasons for Outsourcing
- Understand the Full Tendering Process best practices
- Understand the Considerations to be made as part of the decision to outsource and as part of the proposal process
- Understand the different Contract Types and other Procurement Documents and learn about the potential Pitfalls in Vendor Contracts
- Understand Contract Legal Terminology and how to read a Legal Document
- Understand Vendor Selection and Audit and how to carry these out
- Have prepared the Statement of Requirements for your tender
- Know how to develop and setup the Vendor Management Process
- Know how to develop the Rules of Engagement and prepare a Supplier Relationship Charter
- Learn the potential Risk Management Pitfalls in Vendor Management
- An understanding of the different methods used to Justify Project Costs
- Learn about the different aspects of Contract Administration from Award to Warranty, including Contract Change Management, Claims and Dispute Management
- Learn the importance of preparing for Project Closeout and Handover
- Understand the importance of Competitor Analysis
- Have undergone a thorough study of the Requirements of a Tender and, thereby know how to conduct a complete and accurate Scoping of the requirements of the tender
- Know how to conduct a complete and comprehensive Risk Assessment
- Know how to develop a Value Proposition to differentiate themselves from their competition
- Have learnt how to put a Proposal together