What Will Be Taught For This Certified Network Defense Course?
The program prepares network administrators on network security technologies and operations to attain Defense-in-Depth network security preparedness. It covers the - protect, detect and respond - approach to network security. The course contains many hands-on labs, based on major network security tools and techniques which will provide network administrators expertise on current network security technologies and operations.
After attending the course, participants should be able to:
- Implement the network security policies and procedures
- Troubleshoot their network for various basic, simple network problems
- Identify various threats on organization’s wired and wireless network and mitigate them
- Implement various physical security controls for their organizations
- Harden security of various hosts, routers and switches individually in the organization’s network
- Select appropriate firewall solution, topology, and configurations to harden security through firewall
- Determine appropriate location for IDS/IPS sensors
- Implement secure VPN implementation for their organization
- Manage, assign, and maintain the list of network addresses
- Perform risk assessment, vulnerability assessment/scanning through various scanning tools and generate detailed reports on it
- Identify the critical data, choose appropriate back up method, media and technique to perform successful backup of organization data on regular basis
- Provide first response to the network security incident and assist IRT team and forensics investigation team in dealing with an incident.
- Apply operating system updates, patches and make configuration changes
- Update system configurations to maintain an updated security posture using current patches, device and operating system hardening techniques, and Access Control Lists.
- Manage network Authentication, Authorization, Accounting (AAA) for network devices
- Monitor network traffic and ensure the security of network traffic
- Manage Proxy and content filtering
- Review audit logs from Firewall, IDS/IPS, servers and hosts on the internal, protected network
- Maintain, configure, and analyze network and host‐based security platforms
- Use File integrity verification and monitoring solutions
- Implement Network Access Control (NAC)
- Implement Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solutions
- Manage and maintain Windows/Linux Security Administration