Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Duration: 1 day
What will be taught at this Cyber Crisis Communications Training and Exercise Program?
COMAT, a division under ST Electronics (e-Services) offers end-to-end training and certification solution that caters to all levels of employment. The services are designed to deliver an integrated training solution while focused on learning experience that is result-oriented and relevant.
This Cyber Crisis Communications Training and Exercise Program provide participants with the skills and confidence to handle communications in cyber related crisis situation. This on-ramp course is ideal for professionals who are entrusted to craft and communicate cyber crisis updates to internal and external stake holders and the media as the crisis unfolds. The crisis communications training is proven at the highest level with multi-national companies, national and international organisations and governments.
Program Learning Objectives:
By the end of this sessions, participants will be able to:
- Exhibit clear understanding of incident report procedures
- Demonstrate clear and precise tone, content and quality of message
- Create standard procedures to ensure information updates are timely and appropriate
- Demonstrate the ability to adopt a responsive and dynamic approach to media and public engagement
- Utilize the appropriate communication channels to respond effectively and proactively with the public and media
1. Fundamentals of Good Communications
- Voice: pace, intonation and enunciation
- Body language: how to avoid negative body language
- Gestures: how and when to use them
- Sitting: how to avoid distractions
- Dress: appropriate clothing and colours for TV interviews
- The power of passion
2. Message Management
- How do you talk about your Group
- What’s your elevator pitch
- How to refine messaging
- How to develop a “top line” message
- How to identify and deploy “proof points” to back up your key messages
- How to structure answers to questions
- How to develop “sound bites”
1. Understanding and Dealing with the Media (includes door stop scenario)
- How journalists work and their expectations when interviewing spokespeople?
- The mind-set of the journalist (how they think and what they are looking for)
- Use of specific media communications skills
- How to stay in control of the message
- How to stick to your agenda by being answer driven not question led
- How to drive your point home
- How to get your interview off to a good start
- How to structure your interview under pressure
- How to deal with tough questions etc. (headlining, bridging, flagging techniques, etc)
- How to use third party sources and materials to increase credibility
2. Delivering a controlled crisis communication (includes mock press conference)
- To create an understanding of how a crisis can be unfolding in the media
- TO outline the impact of strong crisis communications handling
- To share the principles of handling a crisis
|w/o GST||w GST|
Terms & Conditions
- A minimum class size of 10 is required to start the program.
- All prices stated above are in Singapore Dollars (SGD).
- ST Electronics (e-Services) reserves the right to change the date or venue without prior notice.
- ST Electronics (e-Services) reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course due to class size or unforeseen circumstances.
Please click on the course date to enrol.