Duration: 5 days
Time: 9am to 5pm
What Will Be Taught For This Redhat Course?
Through hands-on labs, you will learn to automate system administration tasks on managed hosts with Ansible, find out how to write Ansible playbooks to standardize task execution, and manage encryption for Ansible with Ansible Vault. This course will also teach you how to deploy and use Red Hat Ansible Tower to centrally manage existing Ansible projects, playbooks, and roles; perform basic maintenance and administration of the Ansible Tower installation; and configure users and teams and use them to control access to systems, projects, and other resources through role-based access controls. You will learn to use Ansible Tower's visual dashboard to launch, control, and monitor Ansible jobs; use the Ansible Tower application programming interface (API) to launch jobs from existing templates; automatically schedule Ansible jobs; and dynamically update host inventories.
Course content summary
- Install and troubleshoot Ansible on central nodes and managed hosts.
- Automate administration tasks with Ansible playbooks and ad hoc commands.
- Write effective Ansible playbooks.
- Protect sensitive data used by tasks with Ansible Vault.
- Install and configure Ansible Tower for enterprise Ansible management.
- Use Ansible Tower to control access to inventories and machine credentials by users and teams.
- Create job templates in Ansible Tower to standardize playbook execution.
- Launch playbooks and monitor and review job results with Ansible Tower.
Impact on the organization
This course develops the skills needed to efficiently operate and more easily scale the organization's dynamic IT infrastructure, accelerate application time to value, and rapidly adapt and implement needed innovation through DevOps practices. Learning how to effectively use Red Hat Ansible Automation can help improve operational agility while ensuring necessary controls and consistency.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to write Ansible playbooks and launch them to manage hosts and deploy applications in a scalable way. You should be able to implement an Ansible Tower installation and use it to centrally manage Ansible job execution, monitoring, and access to projects, inventories, and credentials.
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Automate system administration tasks on managed hosts with Ansible.
- Write Ansible playbooks to standardize task execution.
- Deploy and perform basic maintenance and administration of an Ansible Tower installation.
- Control access to Ansible projects, credentials, and other resources through role-based access controls in Ansible Tower.
- Describe Ansible concepts and install Red Hat® Ansible Engine.
- Configure Ansible to manage hosts and run ad hoc Ansible commands.
- Write a simple Ansible playbook and run it to automate tasks on multiple hosts.
Manage variables and inclusions
- Write playbooks that use variables and facts to simplify management of the playbook and facts to reference information about the managed hosts.
Implement task control
- Manage task control, handlers, and task errors in Ansible playbooks.
Deploy files to managed hosts
- Deploy, manage, and adjust files on hosts managed by Ansible.
Manage large projects
- Write playbooks that are optimized for larger, more complex projects.
Simplify playbooks with roles
- Use Ansible roles to develop playbooks more quickly and to reuse Ansible code.
- Troubleshoot playbooks and managed hosts.
Install and access Ansible Tower
- Explain what Red Hat Ansible Tower is and demonstrate a basic ability to navigate and use its web UI.
Assign access with users and teams
- Create user accounts and organize them into teams in Red Hat Ansible Tower, then assign them permissions to administer and access resources in the Ansible Tower service.
Set up inventories and credentials
- Create inventories of machines to manage, and set up credentials necessary for Red Hat Ansible Tower to log in and run Ansible jobs on those systems.
Manage projects and launch Ansible jobs
- Create projects and job templates in the web UI, using them to launch Ansible playbooks that are stored in Git repositories in order to automate tasks on managed hosts.
Construct advanced job workflows
- Use additional features of job templates to improve performance, simplify customization of jobs, launch multiple jobs, schedule automatically recurring jobs, and provide notification of job results.
Administer advanced inventories
- Manage inventories that are loaded from external files or generated dynamically from scripts or the Ansible Tower smart inventory feature.
Perform maintenance and routine administration of Ansible Tower
- Execute routine maintenance and administration of Ansible Tower.
Who Should Attend This Redhat Training?
This course is designed for professionals responsible for automation of configuration management, application deployment, provisioning and deployment of servers, and integration with DevOps CI/CD workflows, including these roles:
- Linux system administrators
- DevOps engineers
- Infrastructure automation engineers
- Systems design engineers
- Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator, or demonstrate equivalent Red Hat Enterprise knowledge and experience
- Being a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) may be beneficial
|w/o GST||w GST|
CANCELLATION/POSTPONEMENT/CHANGE of VENUE
- 2 to 4 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 50% of course fee for cancellation
- Less than 2 weeks’ written notice from start date of training - 100% of course fees for postponement or cancellation
- ST Electronics (e-Services) Pte Ltd reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course or change the venue due to unforeseen circumstances.
Please click on the course date to enrol.